I Forgot How Hard It Is

I have recently started looking after my granddaughter as my daughter has gone back to work. I have to get up at 4-45 drive 40 miles then have the kids from 6-45am till about 5-30pm. Thank god i only have to do this a maximum of 3 days week. I look and feel like wylie coyote getting up off the canyon floor when ive had them. I had four of my own so maybe im just getting old.

• Like 1

I have recently started looking after my granddaughter as my daughter has gone back to work. I have to get up at 4-45 drive 40 miles then have the kids from 6-45am till about 5-30pm. Thank god i only have to do this a maximum of 3 days week. I look and feel like wylie coyote getting up off the canyon floor when ive had them. I had four of my own so maybe im just getting old.

the driving wouldn't help! not surprised you're knackered!

• Like 1

fair play to you, bet its good fun though aint it ?

Ive had them today and to be honest i havent laughed as much in years .The eleven month old is as funny as f**k. Not sure if her mother approves of some of the things im learning her at the moment.

Get cbeebies on and get a kip on couch lol

She loves the music channels mate . put them on and she just stands in front of the telly dancing away.

My kids were never Into them cartoon channels either pal, they would much rather dig a hole in lawn grrrrrrrr lol like you said tho kids sure are entertaining, but hard work..

My wife's just took our granddaughter on, five days a week, 7 while 5. I'm home at 4-4.30 and she wears me out in just over an hour. I could choose to let my wife do all the work but I enjoy the short time I have with her everyday! She's just nearly 8 months and never stops. I can always get her to sleep though, I must have the knack. I don't know how the wife does it. I mentioned to my wife that she should take care of our granddaughter before she was born as she had done a good job with our three...So she packed her part time job in and loves having her around.

Robbo, you're doing well fella and a grandparents input is important at this stage. Good luck and enjoy if you can

That's a long day Bry, nice one mate...

I got to be honest my mum and dad are great with ours, my dads like a different man with the grandkids compared to how he was with us lol...

Got to make the most of it they seem to grow up too quick...

• Like 1

Youre right there kev. I can picture my first lad with his chubby cheeks and shirley temple hair. Hes 30 years old now.Im the same as your dad mate i turn into a right idiot when i get near any of the grandkids.Ijust love having them.

• Like 1

I got to be honest my mum and dad are great with ours, my dads like a different man with the grandkids compared to how he was with us lol...

Yeah i have noticed that with my old boy!! he seem much more mellow with the grandkids lol

• Like 1

Yeah i have noticed that with my old boy!! he seem much more mellow with the grandkids lol

I've heard that loads of times, proper strict parents turning into grandparents that are wrapped round their grandkids little fingers....it's a ploy I reckon, so that later on in life when you're telling your kids how hard you had it they won't believe you!