Omg!!!!!

This was the instructors fault, one for encouraging stupid behaviour with a gun AND offering to take snaps. :huh: Two for not doing her job, after he was done and before people were downrange the gun should have been safety'd and checked that it was unloaded. He should be being taught not to f**k around with a gun. At my gun club even with a BB gun nobody steps foot across the line until every gun is checked to be empty and pointed away. Now this kid has to live with a mistake thats way to huge for any child and his mother loses a friend.

It looks very suspicious to me as there seems to be a very controlled reaction to the event and it also appears the boy deliberately aimed at the man. I think the three of them murdered him and decided to make it look like an accident.

• Like 1

Handling the gun while someone is downrange AND it's loaded? That's ridiculous.

Yup.

Magazine should have been out and empty. Chamber should have been clear.

Even then personally I wouldn't go down range and leave a weapon behind me unless either I took the ammunition with me or preferably I removed the bolt and took that instead.

You simply never know who's going to walk in and even if you properly clear the gun and magazine, if you leave ammo there, you can't be sure someone won't load it either for fun not realising the danger or maliciously.

I have to agree with another poster though, the boy doesn't look particularly shocked. Have to wonder about the accident part.