Scottish Independence

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets get this put to bed once and for all ask mr smallman all or nothing if he looses the vote he should step down and be fooked off out of the uk , england is nothing without the rest of the uk.

Im Welsh, can see 100% where the Scots are coming from but this is a unique Isle, its BRITAIN, we stood shoulder to shoulder for over 1000 years and not been invaded mun. All of us together can't be b

The oil that we pump out on our rig, is secured by the South Korean govt. Wee fat fucksalmond doesn`t see any off it,   He is just playing to the crowds, so he can get a statue in Glesga wee fat

Posted Images

England , NI ( I will even add Eire ) Scotland and Wales are all proud Countries with their own History and Culture.

But England , NI, Scotland and Wales need to stand Shoulder to Shoulder or we are ALL Fooked.

GREAT BRITAIN needs building from the floor up once more.

Spot on Max! We are being assimilated into the European machine. Welcome to the United States Of Europe.

I put a post up on the 'ships' thread that highlighted my concerns with this.. If Scotland goes, Wales will have a much, weaker voice when it comes to effecting the vote on a national basis and I reckon within the space of 2 or 3 elections we'll be considering our own position when our voices aren't being heard.. Wales and Scotland tend to vote the same sort of way.. Whether or not you agree with Labour or the Tories policies, the way things are now with two big parties gives a strong opposition to whichever of them is in power. If Wales goes too, we'll be weaker still. Wales will go to the EU cap in hand and we'll be screwed..

I put a post up on the 'ships' thread that highlighted my concerns with this.. If Scotland goes, Wales will have a much, weaker voice when it comes to effecting the vote on a national basis and I reckon within the space of 2 or 3 elections we'll be considering our own position when our voices aren't being heard.. Wales and Scotland tend to vote the same sort of way.. Whether or not you agree with Labour or the Tories policies, the way things are now with two big parties gives a strong opposition to whichever of them is in power. If Wales goes too, we'll be weaker still. Wales will go to the EU cap in hand and we'll be screwed..

I agree totally, Mal... Of course it hasn't happened yet but it very well could.

Victories are temporary. Defeats are permanent. There ain't no going back after this one...

• Like 1

malt its sounds like your a Scottish labour msp, constantly attacking salmond and the snp, its not about salmond and the snp its about Scotland and its citizens the uk is the 4th most unequal country in the developed world there is poverty in parts of Glasgow that would make grown man cry and is not getting any better and this has been for 30 plus years long before any Scottish government, maybe the sg could make a difference to these people with all the powers of a normal country.

malt its sounds like your a Scottish labour msp, constantly attacking salmond and the snp, its not about salmond and the snp its about Scotland and its citizens the uk is the 4th most unequal country in the developed world there is poverty in parts of Glasgow that would make grown man cry and is not getting any better and this has been for 30 plus years long before any Scottish government, maybe the sg could make a difference to these people with all the powers of a normal country.

I don't like them mate, which other way am I supposed to come across? :hmm: I genuinely believe Salmond is a bigger danger to the sovereignty of the United Kingdom than Hitler ever was...

...and cities and large towns all over the UK and the rest of the world have areas like the ones you describe in Glasgow to a certain degree, you think they'll disappear if Scotland becomes independant? The quality of life and life expectancy in certain ex industrial areas of Wales are similar to the ones you describe, to give one example..

I don't like them mate, which other way am I supposed to come across? :hmm: I genuinely believe Salmond is a bigger danger to the sovereignty of the United Kingdom than Hitler ever was...

...and cities and large towns all over the UK and the rest of the world have areas like the ones you describe in Glasgow to a certain degree, you think they'll disappear if Scotland becomes independant? The quality of life and life expectancy in certain ex industrial areas of Wales are similar to the ones you describe, to give one example..

well if that is not motivation enough to change the status quo then what is? I believe Scotland are lucky to have the opportunity to vote on independence, the possibility's after yes vote are endless, a new simple tax system, a new benefits system, focus investment on these areas of most need choices the Scottish people could choose to make if we had full powers and control over our country.

• Like 1

well if that is not motivation enough to change the status quo then what is? I believe Scotland are lucky to have the opportunity to vote on independence, the possibility's after yes vote are endless, a new simple tax system, a new benefits system, focus investment on these areas of most need choices the Scottish people could choose to make if we had full powers and control over our country.

..but you won't have though, the EU will.. Salmond's no different to the Scottish knight who handed William Wallace over to the English all those years ago for land and title, I forget his name now.. If he gets his way he wont be Alex Salmond, leader of an independent and free Scotland, he'll be nothing more than Alex Salmond: governor of Scotland, province of the United States of Europe.. You're being blinded to it by nationalism mate..

..but you won't have though, the EU will.. Salmond's no different to the Scottish knight who handed William Wallace over to the English all those years ago for land and title, I forget his name now.. If he gets his way he wont be Alex Salmond, leader of an independent and free Scotland, he'll be nothing more than Alex Salmond: governor of Scotland, province of the United States of Europe.. You're being blinded to it by nationalism mate..

hahahaaha very good :thumbs:

couple of positive storys from the sunday times

union has cost scotland 64bn over 30 years

tory austerity pushs scots towards independence

http://wingsoverscotland.com/ghosts-in-the-machine/

Rememebr 58 Countries have Declaration Independence from the UK, not one has asked to re join.

UK negotiates Scot to bottom of EU's league tables for farm & rural funds & keeps cash EU gave UK for Scot

couple of positive storys from the sunday times

union has cost scotland 64bn over 30 years

tory austerity pushs scots towards independence

http://wingsoverscotland.com/ghosts-in-the-machine/

Rememebr 58 Countries have Declaration Independence from the UK, not one has asked to re join.

UK negotiates Scot to bottom of EU's league tables for farm & rural funds & keeps cash EU gave UK for Scot

Scotland isn't ruled by the UK like any other of those countries you mention, they are the UK... :doh: Talk about spin, you obviously haven't got a clue about the way the UK works.. No other country has ever split from the UK, they have gained independence from the British Empire but that is/was another thing completely..

No, you rule yourself as part of the UK from Westminster.. You really have been taken in ain't you? :laugh:

Do you know what an elected representative is? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last person in number 10 elected up in Scotland? :hmm:

...and the one before that was born in Edinburgh.. Not considering they were offspring of a poor, repressed and occupied country eh?