1St Cross Col/whip Or Bul/whip

No experience of collie x whip but I've done a couple of seasons with a mates bull x whips lamping and ferreting bit small for me but plenty of heart

i always liked whippets, had a none ped bitch, some of the males at the track were 30lb, tough little buggers, some you could see the that bit of bull in there. J/P dogs are supposed to be good little dogs, think 1/4 bull, prob go for the bullxwhippet :yes:

ive had both , had a collie/whippet 17 years and have got a bull/whippet ,both have been good rabbiting dogs the bull whippet faces cover like its not there ,but very obident and loyal ,the collie had sort of beardy/weardy traits..but also cleaver , both first crosses , the only bad thing about the bull/whippet is that she is more bull than whippet , a bit heavy and if you was to get one a 3/4 would be the way to go, why not a beddy whippet or whippet..? if it was just for rabbiting i would say get a straight whippet but what they all lack is height..20/21" problems when the cover is up a bit ;)

Hi Jonesey,

I have a first cross collie whippet and hes a real intelligent dog n great nose on him. Hes a good busher n puts plenty up for my whippet x grey.

There not everyones cup of tea though and being a collie they are very loyal, very trainable and can be single minded - can sulk too

• Like 1

Hi Jonesey,

I have a first cross collie whippet and hes a real intelligent dog n great nose on him. Hes a good busher n puts plenty up for my whippet x grey.

There not everyones cup of tea though and being a collie they are very loyal, very trainable and can be single minded - can sulk too

any pics :thumbs:

Hi Jonesey,

Hi Jonesey n willow,

Here's a pic of my collie x whippet, he's 23" tts and works great with my whippet x greyhound (also 23" tts)

post-66412-0-99492400-1378815518_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

No experience of collie x whip but I've done a couple of seasons with a mates bull x whips lamping and ferreting bit small for me but plenty of heart

i always liked whippets, had a none ped bitch, some of the males at the track were 30lb, tough little buggers, some you could see the that bit of bull in there. J/P dogs are supposed to be good little dogs, think 1/4 bull, prob go for the bullxwhippet :yes:

don't go believing every you here about jp's pocket rockets,!! I'd advise anyone that wont's to perches a pocket rocket to ask for a night/day out with them first before parting with your money,!! Because you may just change your mind about them.

Hi Jonesey,

Hi Jonesey n willow,

Here's a pic of my collie x whippet, he's 23" tts and works great with my whippet x greyhound (also 23" tts)

He's nice astrix I run a 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Collie bitch that stand 20 inches tall.

don't go believing every you here about jp's pocket rockets,!! I'd advise anyone that wont's to perches a pocket rocket to ask for a night/day out with them first before parting with your money,!! Because you may just change your mind about them.
sire to my dog was jp. nowt wrong with mine plenty of drive in him

I've heard that,the mate I mention above bred his own but was invited from Sussex to Wales for a night to see how bad some of this lads were to prove his point bull x whips are useless!!!!!