Lump On Dogs Neck

noticed my lurcher had a lump on his neck, took him to the vets, they said it,s nothing serious but want 500 quid to take it off, its about the size of a ping pong ball now, so i,m a bit worried about him catching it on something, better have it done but 500!

Mine has 2 on her neck. Had biopsies done and like yours, nothing serious. One has shrunk on it's own and the other is about the size of a grape. My vet quoted £180. Plus the £60 already spent for the biopsy. :thumbs:

"nothing seriouse" - 500 quid thats a joke! , ma dog cut her leg when she was a pup like not even a 2 inch wide cut, the vet charged me £240 in all they told me the dog had to be sedated which right away was 100 then the treatment and anti-biotics, a panicked cos she was just a pup, if it was now id have told them to go fcuk themselfs. 500 doesnt suprise me anything to squeeze money from us.

ive had this bollox before mate and it wasn't a lump it was full of puss,..........where a foreign body was in there ,.............give it a course of anti biotics first and monitor the lump,..........if it doesn't shrink then you may need surgery,.........some lumps can be cut open and cleaned out if its infection......

the lump on my dog was hard and after I was robbed by the vet he even told me it was full of puss........ :censored:

seriously try antibiotics first,......keep an eye on the dog as if its habits change it could be poisoning the body...just make sure the dog is its normal self.........

First and foremost get a second opinion :yes:

yeh deff , my dog Bryn got a slight lump in his (cleft) toe, vet thinks it might be a grass seed gone in there.Put a hot bandge to try to draw it out, it was not bothing him before but swell bit when he run about. Vet charged me 35£ not bad as he did give him a good look over not just his foot, ive used these 30 years very good vet. :yes:

My spaniels the same started off as a grape now looks like a orange vet said hes no keen to operate because of her age etc to go and have a think about it as it's no bothering her and the best result is you wake up one morning and its burst but if you bring her back it would be close to £300