Collie Greyhound

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ran 3/4 breds...one of the best dogs I ever had was a Hancock 3/4 by Taffy away back in the mid 1980s...had some great days and nights...had stamina limits though....greyhoundy feet and was hard

I got a 5/8 grey 3/8 collie from 2 hancock dogs, though not directly from his yard............she's been a honest bitch over the years, switched right on to the ferreting game, a great "companion" dog

Finn my first x collie/grey...   Done all I have asked....looking forward to winter.....          

Posted Images

Wouldn't have any more than 1/4 collie in. I've got a Hancock bred bitch. Far to clever for her own good. She's only young so we still working together to make sense of each other but she has a strange way of working. Nothing like me bull x haha

Maybe would have a 3/4 bred bitch but the 3/4 bred dog I had was knocking on for 28'.

First cross in the pipeline all being well.

Hopefully I've a half cross sorted if not I've had a couple off good offers for greyhounds to breed my own ....

• Like 1

Hancock would snap your hand off for him as a stud dog..

Hancock had one the same way bred....about a year older than Finn and almost identical....I saw it when it was about 6 months old and really liked it....but apparently it was ran over and killed at the end of his drive.... :icon_eek:

Always kept a collie x, can`t see past them to be honest. I was tempted to just getting a smaller beddy x a coupla years back, but stuck with the cur. Got a beddy x as well though lol.

Tye. An amazing dog, and very fondly remembered by a lot of folk that knew him.

oldphotos1.jpg

oldphotos4.jpg

My current 2 yr old Jake,, a Hancock bred half x

jake002.jpgopencast060-1_zps2756e039.jpg

• Like 5

personally, i like the first cross better than a 3/4. a lot of 3/4s come out just too greyhoundy, but i have seen a couple which turned out like a big strong super fast first cross and they were awesome. seen very good border and beardie first crosses, but the best all-rounder i've ever seen was a border-beardie (hancocks mr jones) half cross, absolutely superb bitch. the best ferreting dog ive ever watched, would take birds anddeer with ease (up to fallow doe size) and was a tolerable hare courser, not just hunted up but with a fair slip. great nose and feet, and virtually indestructible. ive also seen some excellent collie grey X collie grey, but its a bit pot luck, the litters can be variable and i have seen almost pure collies from this breeding. it needs to be taken forward for a few generations before the consistency comes into the breeding.

• Like 3