Collie Greyhound

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ran 3/4 breds...one of the best dogs I ever had was a Hancock 3/4 by Taffy away back in the mid 1980s...had some great days and nights...had stamina limits though....greyhoundy feet and was hard

I got a 5/8 grey 3/8 collie from 2 hancock dogs, though not directly from his yard............she's been a honest bitch over the years, switched right on to the ferreting game, a great "companion" dog

Finn my first x collie/grey...   Done all I have asked....looking forward to winter.....          

Posted Images

For me and the ground i run a quicker dog is preferred :thumbs:

I am with you on that bud.. Some of my bits are varied.. Some bits rough ground with stone walls and rolling hills.. A good hunting dog with not much pace will knock up the numbers day or night..

Then some bits have super charged rabbits where a fast dog and a long slip are required..

The faster ones seem more capable to the varied task.. where a slower type just would not get on terms with its game..

Horses for courses..

Some cracking collie crosses about..

• Like 1

well i was past one of the farms i know today so had a juke in see if he still had his collies...

he has 2 there both about 24/25" one black tri-colour and one brown tri-colour ...

just need a grey now :whistling::whistling::laugh:

Has Hancock bred your pup your picking up?

Didn't think he was still breeding that cross

no, not from hancock, the bitch i just pts was hancock bred x typpe ratcher bred, the bitch i work now is typpe ratcher bred, i was down for another typpe bred bitch , but he,s not breeding anymore this time

Some canny looking dogs and interesting topic...

Has anyone ever seen or known of a working collie going over a line bred saluki lurcher...

Pictures and a tale would be good ...

no not me self, but you would think it would a very good x, with bags of stamina on both sides, and plenty of prey drive as well. Maybe if the dam was the collie and the sire the coursing dog, you might have more chance of a pup, as coursing bloke wouldnt keep this type pups from his dam, just use his sire for the right cash. :yes:

good to see a sensible thread on collie x,s and hancock breeding, the bitch in my avitar was put down a few weeks back at 11 years old, wouldnt have swapped her for a gold cow, she was 1st x collie/grey to 1st x collie/ grey, mainly a rabbit catcher , but not adverse to other stuff, so long as it didnt bite back

i now have a 1st x collie /grey and have put me name on a 3/8 collie, 5/8 grey bitch pup, did think about hancock 1st x , but gonna try and pick a heavyish pup from the litter

Sorry to hear about the old gal ,...she certainly was an honest bitch,.realy liked her... :yes:

You are right, to stick with what you know,...I prefer a fair bit of cur blood in a rabbiting lurcher,..they are good fun..

All the best, Phil. :thumbs:

DSC_2702.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 6

good to see a sensible thread on collie x,s and hancock breeding, the bitch in my avitar was put down a few weeks back at 11 years old, wouldnt have swapped her for a gold cow, she was 1st x collie/grey to 1st x collie/ grey, mainly a rabbit catcher , but not adverse to other stuff, so long as it didnt bite back

i now have a 1st x collie /grey and have put me name on a 3/8 collie, 5/8 grey bitch pup, did think about hancock 1st x , but gonna try and pick a heavyish pup from the litter

Sorry to hear about the old gal ,...she certainly was an honest bitch,.realy liked her... :yes:

You are right, to stick with what you know,...I prefer a fair bit of cur blood in a rabbiting lurcher,..they are good fun..

DSC_2706.jpg

BONNIE LOOKING WEE LITTER PHIL... :thumbs:

DSC_2706.jpg

They are looking cracking Phil . . . . .