Foxes Or Rather A Lack Of Them

Well I am afraid that not everyone understands it that way,some people seem to think shooting a fox is some kind of sin punishable by summary execution,only a dog may harm a hair on his noble head,I completely agree that all animals should be left to breed and I certainly don't shoot any until the cubs are fending for themselves, for fear of shooting a vixen with cubs at milk,of course nobody wants to see an end to the fox, least of all me,and I wish the hunting ban could be repealed tomorrow,and as for lurchers well I love them and I can say hand on heart that I can train to a very high standard, far removed from the man who just wants to slip his dog on a hare, but I am afraid that your average chav with a bullx ect does not give two hoots about conservation, so perhaps contemporary dog lads should look to their own house before slating shooting sometimes (and before anyone gets upset I am not in any way pointing the finger at any member of this site, just an observation)

i think some of your posts are designed to cause friction. ive seen some very highly trained bull cross hounds. as for your average chav they dont enter the equasion. so why mention them. ive seen some shooters that would make your average bull x owning chav look good. but they allso would be the exeption rather than the rule.

you come across as a smart arse to me. and looking down your nose at some folk. :thumbs: .

Ok mate one thing at a time, firstly I have seen some very good bull x as well and was in no way picking on them, I may have well said Beddy cross, or Saluki cross, agreed as well on the shooters as with all things you get good and bad, if people take my posts as being designed to cause friction, then that is down to their perception of things and I think it is sometimes very hard to get across what you mean by typing on a keyboard, as apposed to speaking in person, would you agree? If being relatively articulate and possessing a modicum of intelligence makes me a smart arse, able to debate without resorting to little sneid comments or as in the case of another guy an abusive pm then so be it but that is your problem not mine, emotive subjects being debated will always raise hackles, but is that not the intention of debate? and as for looking down my nose at folk well all I can say is LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Oh and Jeemes just for you I wont edit my post, hope that soothes you.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its because all the shooters have been out shooting the cubs so theres non left for you

Dog's/ Gun's/ Snare's/net's/Traps/Hounds/Terriers,/driven shooting,/wild fowling,/stalking/Hawking They are all means to an end,each one humane in its own right and in the right hands,each one inhuman

Watched 2 cubs 40yds apart tonight just mousing or learning to mouse.I had a .17hmr next to me. No temptation though. It was nice to watch them. Hope to see them again a bit later in the year in an ea

Posted Images

Hey lads dont you think you are all getting a bit carried away, this is an internet chat forum, and should be treated with a pinch of salt, your right some people come on just to wind others up, i did it myself the other day, and even when i let on i was messing a couple of knobs still carried on. you see the thing is that in here you only get abuse from chaps that wouldnt have the balls to do it to your face. but in general most are ok.

Charlie caller your ok, i have enjoyed a bit of banter with you over the last few days, its not personal just brightens up a boring day at work!!!!!

• Like 1

yes they tried with the rabbits and back when mixo was invented and with other methods they did a very good job but I suspect when the rabbit population droped so dramatically as it did efforts dropped in toe. there are not to many people hunting crocks and less hunting sharks that helps a top predator. there are a lot of people hunting foxes and I do agree they are true survivors but in recant years there are less than ever before. its not just down to hunters but we play a big part. foxes also play a big part in nature and we need to respect them as well as control them.

I don't hunt Crocs but i do hunt the odd Shark and Fox.

5pIWdQS.jpg

96iBsU2.jpg

where did you catch that then. good catch.

Edited by riflehunter583

Hey lads dont you think you are all getting a bit carried away, this is an internet chat forum, and should be treated with a pinch of salt, your right some people come on just to wind others up, i did it myself the other day, and even when i let on i was messing a couple of knobs still carried on. you see the thing is that in here you only get abuse from chaps that wouldnt have the balls to do it to your face. but in general most are ok.

Charlie caller your ok, i have enjoyed a bit of banter with you over the last few days, its not personal just brightens up a boring day at work!!!!!

yes just a bit of harmless talk. bit like pub talk but without the drink. unless its a tescos 6 pack at home of course.

• Like 1

Well said that man, we are talking about bloody foxes after all, in the grand scheme of things there are a lot more important things to get wound up about, and as I have said before divided we fall and all that :thumbs:

• Like 1

I would not like to see the last fox.

he has an important role to play in the countryside.

good hunting is conservation.

take yellow stone park in the usa. wolves were largely hunted in that area, numbers were too low, which meant to many deer. to many deer meant little wood land particularly near water, which meant no wood for beavers. so beaver numbers dropped off a cliff AND with less dams made by the beavers for other flora and fauna to benefit from.

conservationists had to step in and built the wolves numbers.

I think as responsible hunters we need to be conservationists at the same time.

Edited by riflehunter583
  • Like 1

read most of this and this is just a question to the rifle men do you consider yourself a pestcontroller or a hunter and yes i have done all kinds of fox control and can see it from all angles and i think this is the problem from other factions

Well I am afraid that not everyone understands it that way,some people seem to think shooting a fox is some kind of sin punishable by summary execution,only a dog may harm a hair on his noble head,I completely agree that all animals should be left to breed and I certainly don't shoot any until the cubs are fending for themselves, for fear of shooting a vixen with cubs at milk,of course nobody wants to see an end to the fox, least of all me,and I wish the hunting ban could be repealed tomorrow,and as for lurchers well I love them and I can say hand on heart that I can train to a very high standard, far removed from the man who just wants to slip his dog on a hare, but I am afraid that your average chav with a bullx ect does not give two hoots about conservation, so perhaps contemporary dog lads should look to their own house before slating shooting sometimes (and before anyone gets upset I am not in any way pointing the finger at any member of this site, just an observation)

i think some of your posts are designed to cause friction. ive seen some very highly trained bull cross hounds. as for your average chav they dont enter the equasion. so why mention them. ive seen some shooters that would make your average bull x owning chav look good. but they allso would be the exeption rather than the rule.

you come across as a smart arse to me. and looking down your nose at some folk. :thumbs: .

Ok mate one thing at a time, firstly I have seen some very good bull x as well and was in no way picking on them, I may have well said Beddy cross, or Saluki cross, agreed as well on the shooters as with all things you get good and bad, if people take my posts as being designed to cause friction, then that is down to their perception of things and I think it is sometimes very hard to get across what you mean by typing on a keyboard, as apposed to speaking in person, would you agree? If being relatively articulate and possessing a modicum of intelligence makes me a smart arse, able to debate without resorting to little sneid comments or as in the case of another guy an abusive pm then so be it but that is your problem not mine, emotive subjects being debated will always raise hackles, but is that not the intention of debate? and as for looking down my nose at folk well all I can say is LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.

just checked my post no snide comments from what i can see. :thumbs: no nasty pm. :thumbs: . as your so articulate and intelligent. you will understand that i am speaking to a little square screen so

i can only say how i feel you come across. you may be a nice chap. in fact i'm sure you are :yes: . i do have a dislike for smart arse shooters taking the moral high ground. over other forms of control. now i'm out of here before you make mincemeat out of me with your long words. :D

read most of this and this is just a question to the rifle men do you consider yourself a pestcontroller or a hunter and yes i have done all kinds of fox control and can see it from all angles and i think this is the problem from other factions

jmo but when I shoot for the table I was hunting for food, when I shoot a fox im pest controlling. you don't have to be one or the other you can be both.

• Like 1

I suppose a pest controller might have a different objective to a hunter ultimately.

when were talking about getting a job done, and someone's lively hood at steak and money then it changes things somewhat.

I myself do not get payment when I shoot so I could consider myself as a hunter. the enjoyment of the countryside, food for the pot, challenge of the hunt. interest in managing land I suppose.

i care about the wider picture of wild life and the reason behind the hunting as much as doing the hunting.

i see a hunter as a selective predator pitting his or her wits against the quarry. its a natural instinct.

i went out with the dogs tonight from 10:30 till 11:45 for a few rabbits i haven't been out with the lamp in a while and thought i would get a few but i was wrong i only saw one rabbit and one fox. that's a huge difference on last year, in one hour last year i would have 10 or so rabbits and i would have seen a load of foxes.

Edited by alan81

just checked my post no snide comments from what i can see. :thumbs: no nasty pm. :thumbs: . as your so articulate and intelligent. you will understand that i am speaking to a little square screen so

i can only say how i feel you come across. you may be a nice chap. in fact i'm sure you are :yes: . i do have a dislike for smart arse shooters taking the moral high ground. over other forms of control. now i'm out of here before you make mincemeat out of me with your long words. :D

Ok fairplay to you that was quite amusing :thumbs: I am sorry if you got the wrong idea, I never suggested that you sent me a nasty pm, that was another idiot without the balls even to say what he thinks in public, so what does that say about him? and I think that if we went out for a beer instead of talking to a little square screen we would get on quite well mate,and Im no smartarsed shooter having a pop at other forms of control, I have done most of them and love them all, cheers good health :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ok fairplay to you that was quite amusing :thumbs: I am sorry if you got the wrong idea, I never suggested that you sent me a nasty pm, that was another idiot without the balls even to say what he thinks in public, so what does that say about him? and I think that if we went out for a beer instead of talking to a little square screen we would get on quite well mate,and Im no smartarsed shooter having a pop at other forms of control, I have done most of them and love them all, cheers good health :thumbs:

obviously with me sending you that pm got under your skin and it was not abusive i just said you where full of shit you sent me one back it was just like water off a ducks back so you decided to tell tales and put whatever you were saying on here in my eyes you are a bullshitter you are a tell tale i think you are not to be ? got big balls :boogy::bye: