Hob Or Jill

Same problems when they come into season you got to split them or its a orgy they bum each other rotten , ive two good sized working hobs and they dont do nothing a good working jill cant do apart from one place the burrows are huge my jills sometimes get dragged in the tubes when you first start digging the hobs dont

last season we worked mostly hobs apart from my jill and ferreting partners 4 jills and no hobs on pest control jobs ...for the Sunday outing we where taking out 5 hobs and 2 jills...jills are fantastic they seem a bit faster and if ya get a good one they are priceless and will guaranteed to put plenty bunnys in the nets the hods are a little slower will kill most of the time but saying that we had a smallish albino hob who did bolt alot of the time and we also had a jill who had got the knack of killing em straight away

Weight is always an issue with me, and I can carry two medium sized Jills in a smaller box, nice and dandy. :thumbs:

I dont let it bother me i take 4 jills in a box and my son takes the same , or if its a big day he take a big box with 8 ferrets and i still take my four but i might carry his net bag :laugh:

Jills seem to be the most popular out of the 2 for working...what about smaller hobs of around the same size as jills...how do they compare to jills?

the jills will tire quicker than hobs

A good sized jill has the stamina to graft all day

The only thing that bothers me is come April i usually end up working my jills whilst there in season and if you invite somebody for a day out it can be a problem , hobs more interested in sex than rabbits

Jills seem to be the most popular out of the 2 for working...what about smaller hobs of around the same size as jills...how do they compare to jills?

the jills will tire quicker than hobs

A good sized jill has the stamina to graft all day

you learn something new every day

I'm just in the process of experimenting with Jills this year.

I've got 3 from a litter which the hob and Jill were both huge and 2 from a hob and Jill that were tiny.

I've kept back a mix of sizes and got 5 that hopefully will vary from large to small and I will see what I prefer. Always had plenty of success with medium size Jills.

I don't like working my hob as he kills and lays up constantly meaning loads of digging. I will use him first half of the season while the Jill kits are still too young and then have him vasectomised when the kits are working and keep him for bringing the Jill's out of stud.