Bull Terrier & Walker Covered In Blood After Attack

Ive been saying it for years.....there should be car owner type insurance on ALL dogs.........a bull terrier would be the equivalent group 20 that a Ferrari is.....a fluffy little cake eating tv watching breed would be a group 1..........dog ownership numbers would drastically reduce,after all.....how many bad boys off the estate are going to fork out serious money to insure a dog,alternatively they could hang with their homies with a Yorkie under their arm ?...........The decisions made by societies idiots cant be controlled,but they can be influenced !

all that'd happen is you'd have a load of chavs with uninsured dogs, and us normal folk would be paying through the nose for it even though it's completely unnecessary if you're a responsible dog owner. Insurance companies fleece us enough as it is IMO.

Then they get nicked and banned from owning dogs the same as folk get points/bans from driving if they dont insure their cars...............cant see why anyone would feel hard done by for insuring their dog,after all no dog is 100% trustworthy 100% of the time......so makes perfect sense to me.

All my dogs have got public liability insurance as part of their fully comp pet insurance plans, few extra quid a month is worth it for the peace of mind should an accident happen :yes:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good job , i didnt see it i would shot the thing, what a terrible thing to happen to a little dog.Iwas brought up with bull breeds, and we never had any probs, because they were locked up (safe). i

It makes me sick to read some of the replies on here thinking it was ok for this dog to kill someones little pet, to me these people are no better than the clown with the staffie in the article, THIS

well the owner hasnt even got the strength to say no to pies, so shes got no chance of telling a dog not to do something.   In all seriousness, dogs, big or small, can be bred in a kitchen in the ro

Posted Images

what utter shite tax discs on dogs, paying the government nore money in insurance, higher rates on the types of dogs???? what is going through some of your heads? don't they harm us enough with taking far too much off us anyway and lets face it they have toooooo much say over our dogs anyway. just be harder on the owner of the dogs that do these stupid attacks

Your trying to cut off the headache by cutting off the head !.............Surely its better to stop the headache before it starts ?

Whats better........giving someone a 1000 pound fine after their dog attacks someone/something........or making them pay 300 pound as an insurance premium ?

You say " dont they harm us enough taking far too much off us "............nobody is forced to own a dog same as nobody is forced to own a car.............if you want these things you pay for them..........if you dont you dont its not rocket science.

Being given a driving ban/points/having cars confiscated doesn't stop some people who still drive uninsured/untaxed etc. it tends to be persons of this mentality who would own an untaxed/uninsured dog. I don't think more government legislation will help here. There are already plenty of laws in place (DDA) they just need to be applied correctly.

I'm certainly not talking about the breed specific legislation parts of this law, more the offence of having a dog dangerously out of control in a public space. The authorities seem uninterested in prosecuting owners unless a human is bitten, but often there will have been previous in the form of attacking dogs. Current legislation allows dog control orders (eg must be leashed and muzzled when In public) to be enforced on dogs/owners prosecuted under this law.

Ive been saying it for years.....there should be car owner type insurance on ALL dogs.........a bull terrier would be the equivalent group 20 that a Ferrari is.....a fluffy little cake eating tv watching breed would be a group 1..........dog ownership numbers would drastically reduce,after all.....how many bad boys off the estate are going to fork out serious money to insure a dog,alternatively they could hang with their homies with a Yorkie under their arm ?...........The decisions made by societies idiots cant be controlled,but they can be influenced !

all that'd happen is you'd have a load of chavs with uninsured dogs, and us normal folk would be paying through the nose for it even though it's completely unnecessary if you're a responsible dog owner. Insurance companies fleece us enough as it is IMO.

Then they get nicked and banned from owning dogs the same as folk get points/bans from driving if they dont insure their cars...............cant see why anyone would feel hard done by for insuring their dog,after all no dog is 100% trustworthy 100% of the time......so makes perfect sense to me.

All my dogs have got public liability insurance as part of their fully comp pet insurance plans, few extra quid a month is worth it for the peace of mind should an accident happen :yes:

what was you last username......... :hmm:

what utter shite tax discs on dogs, paying the government nore money in insurance, higher rates on the types of dogs???? what is going through some of your heads? don't they harm us enough with taking far too much off us anyway and lets face it they have toooooo much say over our dogs anyway. just be harder on the owner of the dogs that do these stupid attacks

Your trying to cut off the headache by cutting off the head !.............Surely its better to stop the headache before it starts ?

Whats better........giving someone a 1000 pound fine after their dog attacks someone/something........or making them pay 300 pound as an insurance premium ?

You say " dont they harm us enough taking far too much off us "............nobody is forced to own a dog same as nobody is forced to own a car.............if you want these things you pay for them..........if you dont you dont its not rocket science.

Being given a driving ban/points/having cars confiscated doesn't stop some people who still drive uninsured/untaxed etc. it tends to be persons of this mentality who would own an untaxed/uninsured dog. I don't think more government legislation will help here. There are already plenty of laws in place (DDA) they just need to be applied correctly.

I'm certainly not talking about the breed specific legislation parts of this law, more the offence of having a dog dangerously out of control in a public space. The authorities seem uninterested in prosecuting owners unless a human is bitten, but often there will have been previous in the form of attacking dogs. Current legislation allows dog control orders (eg must be leashed and muzzled when In public) to be enforced on dogs/owners prosecuted under this law.

Yes but thats still action AFTER the carnage has happened...............im talking about ways of stopping it in the first place...........if you get a tug from plod when your driving they can take your car if you have no insurance.........same can apply to dogs.............yes of course some chancers will try their luck same as they do in cars......but the types of half hearted idiot owners we see casually letting their dog do what it likes will be forced to take dog ownership a little more seriously.

I'll be honest I'm surprised you are advocating breed specific legislaton, albeit by the back door of a private insurance company...

Yes but thats still action AFTER the carnage has happened...............im talking about ways of stopping it in the first place...........if you get a tug from plod when your driving they can take your car if you have no insurance.........same can apply to dogs.............yes of course some chancers will try their luck same as they do in cars......but the types of half hearted idiot owners we see casually letting their dog do what it likes will be forced to take dog ownership a little more seriously.

I'll be honest, that seems a little like breed specific legislation to me...

Insurance for dogs ffs. Plz no yet again more taken from our pockets again ffs . Hit everybody instead of the ckowns who fook it up for proper dog caring owners like myself, im fed up off clearing up mess left by wasters . Identify, act, and stop them,

• Like 1

what was you last username......... :hmm:

What makes you think I had a previous username? :blink:

Insurance for dogs ffs. Plz no yet again more taken from our pockets again ffs . Hit everybody instead of the ckowns who fook it up for proper dog caring owners like myself, im fed up off clearing up mess left by wasters . Identify, act, and stop them,

Your not morally obligated to own a dog....nobody forces you...............same as a car..................they are both non essential items we can live without if need be.

All car owners get hit why shouldnt all dog owners.......you can drive a skoda cheaply or a ferrari expensively......only difference is the ferraris of the dog world can be bought cheap as chips................

Tell me a better preventative action to stop pricks owning dangerous dogs they dont understand ?

I'll be honest, that seems a little like breed specific legislation to me...

How is it breed specific..............ALL dogs would have to be insured,simple.......risk assessed like any other insurance premium.

Edited by gnasher16

Lets say you have your dog you have done your training all set to keep dog for many a year then along come new law so every year you pay your insurance then one year you cant afford, what nrxt? Get rid? Total rubbish. Its gotta be easyer to set up by identifying the out of control.owners.. Why always should i as a very good owner pay for others mistakes? Makes my blood boil... Plus dog ownership is piss easy aint it?

• Like 1

The scum who own dogs that they can't control will have a new benefit created to pay for the insurance otherwise it would be against the human rights.

And we will end up footing the bill.

Cynical but true.

Your not morally obligated to own a dog....nobody forces you...............same as a car..................they are both non essential items we can live without if need be.

All car owners get hit why shouldnt all dog owners.......you can drive a skoda cheaply or a ferrari expensively......only difference is the ferraris of the dog world can be bought cheap as chips................

Tell me a better preventative action to stop pricks owning dangerous dogs they dont understand ?

Your solution would be hitting responsible dog owners, wouldn't affect the scum at all and wouldn't solve the problem.

Owning a dog is a non essential item? Are you sure your not Cameron in disguise pal? trying to stifle out every little pleasure the working man has to enjoy!

There are some people who are hard working but not very well off for one reason or another.....but are perfectly good dog owners and think the world of their mutts, they probably wouldn't be able to justify a couple of hundred quid per dog per year so would have to get shut. Meanwhile tracksuit Kevin is still strutting round with his uninsured pitbull....but if he gets caught he'll get a ban? the whole breed is banned but it doesn't stop him having one, do you think a silly bit of paper banning him from having dogs is going to work? and it wouldn't stop his dog attacking others either, why would it? In this situation if his dog attacked he'd probably just run off and leave the dog there!

There is no decent solution to preventing things like this, the only thing you can do is punish the people who are responsible after an incident....not ideal no, but definitely favourable to what you're suggesting.

• Like 1

Lets say you have your dog you have done your training all set to keep dog for many a year then along come new law so every year you pay your insurance then one year you cant afford, what nrxt? Get rid? Total rubbish. Its gotta be easyer to set up by identifying the out of control.owners.. Why always should i as a very good owner pay for others mistakes? Makes my blood boil... Plus dog ownership is piss easy aint it?

Like anything if you cant afford something you cant have it......how would you be able to afford vets bills,food etc if you cant even afford insurance.............The only way of identifying out of control owners is after a dog has done something......and thats too late............if folk can think of a way to identify them before the bomb go,s off rather than after im all ears.

Like anything if you cant afford something you cant have it......how would you be able to afford vets bills,food etc if you cant even afford insurance.............The only way of identifying out of control owners is after a dog has done something......and thats too late............if folk can think of a way to identify them before the bomb go,s off rather than after im all ears.

well people can....until the cost of owning a dog is doubled by the introduction of pointless insurance.

You seem to keep missing out a very important point......the people who cause the problems wouldn't take out the insurance! so what next, increase everyone elses premium to compensate for the ones that don't pay, like they do with cars? Brilliant!