The Lad Starts His River Career With A Bang!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was Fins first trip to the tidal, his first run through with the stick, me stood behind, the float dips, "strike" I say and as he lifts the rod it's nearly pulled out of his hand. "DADDD DADDDD my

Cheers lads,   I was made up for him Johnny, he still buzzing now lol... I'm having some plastering work done at home, when I popped in this morning Fin was telling the plasterer ( whos a keen sea a

This is looking down the river towards where I grew up, just the other side of the bridge   If I get the chance to put a charity comp on it'll be on this stretch

Well done that lad, :thumbs: you can't beat a bit of fishing to keep kids out of trouble, some nice size mullet there. :toast:

Thanks mate

Im not sure fishing alone will keep him out of trouble, he's got that glint in his eye at 7 lol

Edited by NEWKID

Nice to see mate, not into fishing are they edible?

Nice fish mate.........he's a fisherman for life now.........taken plenty in the nets over the years and your right it's a very tasty firm white flesh if taken in the ocean......well done.

Cheers lads,

Your right Bell they're very nice from the sea :yes:

I'm off to Guernsey at the start of August for a week seeing family, I'll be doing a bit of fishing out there and I might have a go for the mullet off the rocks, if I catch 1 it'll go in the pan as will any bass I'm lucky enough to catch :laugh:

Caught on maggot Baw, first 2 were caught on the stick float, but once the tide starts backing the flow up it's impossible to fish the float properly so the last one was caught at the top of the tide on the groundbait feeder..

You've got to keep the feed going in down there though, got through a couple of pints of maggots and a pint of caster plus 1.5 kilos of groundbait...

You'd like the Exe Baw, it's a very good Salmon river plus there's loads of wild brownies, the upper reaches up to the moor are lovely bits of water..

Yeah my 10 year old boy loves it too, but it's a nightmare taking them both at the same time! :laugh: My daughter is a proper girlie girl too at times, hair & nails, etc, but she loves a bit of fishing and rabbiting as well. She wouldn't blink if I asked her to gut a fish or a rabbit, she'd be straight in there! :laugh: She wants to be a forensic pathologist when she grows up, she's got a huge interest in the insides of things!

:laugh: A forensic pathologist, what a thought out career choice,

My youngest girls the same, in that she is not squirmish at all and seems to have a real understanding of life and death... we lost a ferret earlier this year and Fin was in bits but Isla turned round and said " everythings got to die Fin" she was upset but dealt with it with no fuss.. it's funny how they're all a bit different.

Well done to fin. It makes your heart swell when they catch stuff like that kev. Well done to you for taking the time and having the patience. I had four to teach, thats why im as bald as a hens egg.lol.

Your daughter sounds like a well balanced young woman.

Or a future serial killer.

EVERYTHING MUST DIE.

• Like 1

Yeah my 10 year old boy loves it too, but it's a nightmare taking them both at the same time! :laugh: My daughter is a proper girlie girl too at times, hair & nails, etc, but she loves a bit of fishing and rabbiting as well. She wouldn't blink if I asked her to gut a fish or a rabbit, she'd be straight in there! :laugh: She wants to be a forensic pathologist when she grows up, she's got a huge interest in the insides of things!

:laugh: A forensic pathologist, what a thought out career choice, My youngest girls the same, in that she is not squirmish at all and seems to have a real understanding of life and death... we lost a ferret earlier this year and Fin was in bits but Isla turned round and said " everythings got to die Fin" she was upset but dealt with it with no fuss.. it's funny how they're all a bit different.
Well done to fin. It makes your heart swell when they catch stuff like that kev. Well done to you for taking the time and having the patience. I had four to teach, thats why im as bald as a hens egg.lol.Your daughter sounds like a well balanced young woman.Or a future serial killer.EVERYTHING MUST DIE.

Haha you've got a point there Bry, I think she maybe a little nuts lol...

Oh and I had lovely long flowing locks, but it's fast going since the kids have come along haha

Tidy mate, them Mullet fight like the clappers.......well done your boy

Cheers Mate, we had a few hairy moments around the net, as soon as they see it their off again, as we've talked about before they've got some power...

Was only fishing 3lb fluro carbon fir hook length and a size 16 hook, I've not caught many on the stick before so that was a nice change, you normally hook them on the feeder when your fishing for the bream down there...

if he keeps it up you might have a future champion there. mullet aren't famed for being an easy catch. well done lad!

Cheers Jacka, he's definitely keen enough, he drags himself out of bed at first light to come with me lol

Caught on maggot Baw, first 2 were caught on the stick float, but once the tide starts backing the flow up it's impossible to fish the float properly so the last one was caught at the top of the tide on the groundbait feeder..

You've got to keep the feed going in down there though, got through a couple of pints of maggots and a pint of caster plus 1.5 kilos of groundbait...

You'd like the Exe Baw, it's a very good Salmon river plus there's loads of wild brownies, the upper reaches up to the moor are lovely bits of water..

Excellent mate, gonna give it a go. Aye looks a good stretch mate, bet the brownies are good last hour of light. Can't beat tidal stretches for variation.

Tidy mate, them Mullet fight like the clappers.......well done your boy

Cheers Mate, we had a few hairy moments around the net, as soon as they see it their off again, as we've talked about before they've got some power...

Was only fishing 3lb fluro carbon fir hook length and a size 16 hook, I've not caught many on the stick before so that was a nice change, you normally hook them on the feeder when your fishing for the bream down there...

How do you find the fluro carbon mate, is it worth the money? I'm a mono guy but for the trout on the bubble you need as light a gut as you can get cos the c**ts can see it. I know the fluro is thinner under the same strength as mono, just too fkn tight to try it :laugh: