The Lad Starts His River Career With A Bang!!

It's good stuff Baw, you have to make sure your knots are well tied and lubricated when pulled tight, but like you say it's much thinner in heavier breaking strains than mono. The 3.5lb is only 0.16mm which is the same as 2lb mono, plus it's invisible in the water, I reckon it would be perfect for you bubble float fishing, drennan do one now which is around £5 a spool of 50m so it's not that expensive...

I use it in 6 or 8lb for live eel fishing ( for bass) and use braid as the main line it works a treat for that too..

Cheers

Kev

Edited by NEWKID

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was Fins first trip to the tidal, his first run through with the stick, me stood behind, the float dips, "strike" I say and as he lifts the rod it's nearly pulled out of his hand. "DADDD DADDDD my

Cheers lads,   I was made up for him Johnny, he still buzzing now lol... I'm having some plastering work done at home, when I popped in this morning Fin was telling the plasterer ( whos a keen sea a

This is looking down the river towards where I grew up, just the other side of the bridge   If I get the chance to put a charity comp on it'll be on this stretch

That's for that mate. It's the colours it comes from that puts me off. I can imagine underwater it will be invisible. But the bubble float and fly fishing I do, the flies are above the water on droppers coming from the main line. The fly only touches the water at most. It's the most natural way to present a fly and the trout go daft for it. Caught pike with this method too. Line needs to be light as you can imagine so having thinner line with a bigger breaking point would be ideal. Does it come in more natural transparent colours mate?

All the stuff I use is transparent mate, I'll take a pic later and send it on

I'll send some up if you can't get it up there mate

Edited by NEWKID

No worries, the last stuff I bought was Drennan I'll check the other makes later as I'm taking Fin bassing for an hour or 2 after work... The missus will mess with the girls on the front beach and we'll sneak round to the estuary side and hopefully get some live eels for bait....