After Vin's Food/diet Thread. What About Condtioning

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k me..I'm out of breath reading this let alone going on some of the aforementioned training regimes..for the odd rabbit and a few rats I can't really see the point :-)

I give mine a good lay off and myself . It's hard slog in the winter with working long shifts and getting the dogs out as much as possible. I would say they remain reasonably fit with walking about th

ALL THIS QUAD TALK WORK THEM TO FITNESS THATS THE ONLY WAY, TROTTING BEHIND A CAR ETC,, KEEPS THEM IN TRIM, AND THATS ABOUT IT,, TRUTH KNOWN CHUCKING A BALL ON A SCOPE 20/30 TIMES WILL DO THEM MORE GO

Posted Images

Thanks dan.

Buy a smaller truck :laugh:

Not quite sure of the $ to £ conversion... but id certainly be well happy paying £4 a gallon. :thumbs:

£2 .59 a gallon
Takes the piss don't it,,, how the feck you can complain at that dan,, feck knows,,, I bet it's 20 years since it was that price here

Anybody remember the good old days of doing 100 mile to a tenner :laugh:

Done 170 yesterday to the tune of 40 quid :no:

ALL THIS QUAD TALK WORK THEM TO FITNESS THATS THE ONLY WAY, TROTTING BEHIND A CAR ETC,, KEEPS THEM IN TRIM, AND THATS ABOUT IT,, TRUTH KNOWN CHUCKING A BALL ON A SCOPE 20/30 TIMES WILL DO THEM MORE GOOD, AND BEATS USEING FUEL,,,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 3

ALL THIS QUAD TALK WORK THEM TO FITNESS THATS THE ONLY WAY, TROTTING BEHIND A CAR ETC,, KEEPS THEM IN TRIM, AND THATS ABOUT IT,, TRUTH KNOWN CHUCKING A BALL ON A SCOPE 20/30 TIMES WILL DO THEM MORE GOOD, AND BEATS USEING FUEL,,,

Keeps them trim.. behind motor like you say jim....

Throwing a ball a good way..... but only works with one of my dogs :laugh:

Dependant on what the dogs quarry is will depend on what conditioning programme you follow ... a lamping dog that is getting numerous short burst runs with very little rest time in between will be working different muscle groups and will need to convert blood oxygen differently to keep the muscle groups working than a coursing dog .... Also the heart and lungs will be working at different rates for a coursing dog compared to a sprinter .... Personally I like to condition my dogs for all round work with a mixture of different training techniques ..........

In your opinion socks, what different training methods would you use for a coursing dog and a lamper ? There are lots of differing opinions, some lads i know just run them fit, at start of season and are out quite a bit and just build them up week by week. Another couple of different fellows i know, run them quite young and try and build an inbuilt stamina in them from pups, not everyone agree,s with there methods but works for them. The lads i,m on about are just lampers. Some other folk keep them ticking over all summer by biking or behind motor.

freelance

do you still go down cornwall and how does he run his dogs to get them fit

Only if they will fetch a poxy ball...lol...

I like the using the motor,,, but like jim and others have said,,, that's just for building them up,, regular work is the best,,,

• Like 1

Only if they will fetch a poxy ball...lol...

I like the using the motor,,, but like jim and others have said,,, that's just for building them up,, regular work is the best,,,

I ran regular thers nowt better

Dependant on what the dogs quarry is will depend on what conditioning programme you follow ... a lamping dog that is getting numerous short burst runs with very little rest time in between will be working different muscle groups and will need to convert blood oxygen differently to keep the muscle groups working than a coursing dog .... Also the heart and lungs will be working at different rates for a coursing dog compared to a sprinter .... Personally I like to condition my dogs for all round work with a mixture of different training techniques ..........

In your opinion socks, what different training methods would you use for a coursing dog and a lamper ? There are lots of differing opinions, some lads i know just run them fit, at start of season and are out quite a bit and just build them up week by week. Another couple of different fellows i know, run them quite young and try and build an inbuilt stamina in them from pups, not everyone agree,s with there methods but works for them. The lads i,m on about are just lampers. Some other folk keep them ticking over all summer by biking or behind motor.

freelance

yes freelance goes a lot iv been told I am curius how that man down ther gets them fit because hes a fat fekker

freelance

yes freelance goes a lot iv been told I am curius how that man down ther gets them fit because hes a fat fekker

Why have you fell oit with MB then azz?

freelance

Why have you fell oit with MB then azz?

haven't hes just a big fat c**t

I just use push iron for road work just to get there feet hard leave the exercise to big ears and lamping 2 /3 weeks of graffed and there jumping out there skin fit as feck never had the need to tram miles on a bike or motor

[bANNED TEXT] I season Huntin alone gud enough, as rest time is needed for rest

so do you give 6 months hard graft and 6 months total rest???i fthats what you mean im sorry but i dont agree with that one bit