Airedale Terrier

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I really the only person that works an Airedale? I got mine from a line of imported dogs: working stock from the USA. Can't fault her: drive, nose, toughness, temperament second to none: works alon

A pure bred KC reg English Airedale will usually sell for around £800 or £900.   Most of the working dog people who got a Redline Airedale from Ian were gifted the dog. Like I said before, he wante

This is jet my bushing terrier     This is buddy Martins redline airedale

Posted Images

All ok here in sunny lincs just waiting really for start of season got a job on with martin in a couple of week just made him and a couple of other lads a load of purse nets and just finished my first longnet pics on longnetting not bad for first attempt will soon find out. I hope all is well with you . Buddy is a cracking worker and i have had him down here a few times so seen first hand how he works its a pleasure to watch i have a terrier a fell type and i thought she was good albeit a bit old she is 10 soon but still a gooden Cant be bothered with punctuation as you can tell atb dan

Yes I am looking forward to some rabbits up here there seem's to be a few about,I will be airing the long nets out this week, and checking the rubbers on the quick sets,remind me to martin when you see him and have a good season,

Nice nice dogs them banter ;) what do you use them for work wise??? How tts are they?? They look big strong uns!!! Atb cbx

a friend owns them about 22" uses them for doing cover

do they speak when on a line?

Ive hunted with a few mainly on boar, only heard a noise out of them when they have lifted a boar or on hot scent, then no noise to speak off, but wouldnt be able to hear much as the hounds normally would be all you can hear. In maize when a pig is running hounds ragged have heard them most when on hot scent. Makes the hair on your neck stand up, and when you are in the middle of a few hectares of maize............ :icon_eek:;)

Yes, Dill only bays when she first puts something up: more of a bellow than anything else. But once the game is out of sight she falls silent and concentrates on following her nose. Close to, the crashing in the undergrowth is enough to alert the lurchers as to which direction she's heading :laugh:

T'is proving very difficult. The bloke who bred the original litters didn't keep contact details for the people who had pups. So far I have only found one that is definitely working in England, and that is 99.9% certain a full brother to mine. There are a couple in Ireland, but no one knows their breeding, except that they came from the bloke in Scotland! I know there must be more, but they're off the radar, and I don't know if their owners actually remember their breeding either!!! Not looking hopeful at the moment.

Of course, I could put her back to her own sire, but I wonder how many people would be interested in such a close mating. He is very well bred from some top working lines in the States, and Dill's dam is totally unrelated to him. He is the epitome of what I'm after in an Airedale: the longer legged variety than Dill, who is pretty stumpy at 22": he is over 25" I think. He is also short coated, rather than woolly like her dam. Not completely slick (smooth) but short wiry coat.

Would you be interested in a pup that closely bred? Dill's only fault, if you can call it that, is her leg length, but then again, I didn't get her to run down game in the open. As a flushing dog, water and gun dog, terrier man's dog and all round good companion she would be hard to beat.

I'm actually a fan of litters bred close, I suppose it would depend on how tightly bred the father is, but I'm sure his breeder will have that info. But yes to answer you id be intrested still. Some of the best dogs iv had/have have been bred real tight

• Like 1

i am well happy with the response from you gd waz regarding your boar hunting with the redlines must be fantastic my friend martin is the only one i know who as put 6 year of hard graft into buddy he is a wonderfull grafter he is a wire coated not wooly i dont like that description as he sheds water and doesnt hold it like a wooly coat would atb dan

Edited by daniel123

i am well happy with the response from you gd waz regarding your boar hunting with the redlines must be fantastic my friend martin is the only one i know who as put 6 year of hard graft into buddy he is a wonderfull grafter he is a wire coated not wooly i dont like that description as he sheds water and doesnt hold it like a wooly coat would atb dan

Sorry to mislead you, ive unfortunately never hunted with 'redlines'. Just KC equivalentbred ones. Am very interested in the redlines though, think I could have a lot of fun with a dog like that. :yes: