New Bed X Whip Pup

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well ive just picked up my new pup and hes a cracker   What do you boys think of him ?    

yes mate hes a first x

Posted Images

was just curious Kev as i've bred a few litters of straight halfs but have never seen one as smooth looking from that breeding, be interesting to see how he turns out.

I was thinking exactly the same.

was just curious Kev as i've bred a few litters of straight halfs but have never seen one as smooth looking from that breeding, be interesting to see how he turns out.

I have a mate with a litter of 1st cross,s on at the mo and they are all broken coated by one, its taken to the dam, now i wouldnt go for a smooth pup out of that cross if i were after one but this pup has got somthing about it, wouldnt be supprised if its the first one gone, atb, buster.

well hes not a smooth coat but like i said hes got just a very small bit of brocken coat about him but to touch he feels brocken coated so as you said it will be intresting to see how he turns out,

The rest of the litter are brocken coated apart from a bitch that was a perfect twin for my dog ie same coat same colour same eyes same markings on the belly

so as they say time will tell

I have a mate with a litter of 1st cross,s on at the mo and they are all broken coated by one, its taken to the dam, now i wouldnt go for a smooth pup out of that cross if i were after one but this pup has got somthing about it, wouldnt be supprised if its the first one gone, atb, buster.

Someone came to my mates to buy a ruff coated bitch off him out of this litter on thursday, anyhow they put a deposit down on the smooth coated dog instead lol, tbh i,d have done the same, got something about it that pup, first one gone, atb, buster.

well hes not a smooth coat but like i said hes got just a very small bit of brocken coat about him but to touch he feels brocken coated so as you said it will be intresting to see how he turns out,

The rest of the litter are brocken coated apart from a bitch that was a perfect twin for my dog ie same coat same colour same eyes same markings on the belly

so as they say time will tell

My first cross looked like it would be quite smooth until it was months old then it started to grow a broken coat. I have a 3/4 pup from her here which at 15 weeks is starting to look like it could go broken coated.

Half bred at 8 weeks.

tilly011.jpg[/url]

tilly017.jpg

h005-1.jpgPA270010.jpg

Above pic 4 months.

One above about 18 months.

Very nice looking pup, he's got a glint in his eye.

post-26754-0-84758200-1371976305.jpg This was mine at eight weeks.

post-26754-0-47739100-1371976488.jpg This is him about 18 months. Your pup could develop a good coat on him.

You should have a lot of fun with him atb Roy

its impossible to get a smooth pup from a genuine first cross though

why would it be impossible ?

i no genetics expert but would not both parents would have to be carrying smooth genes? so to produce a smooth whippet type coat the bedlington part of the equation would have to have something else in him, more than likely whippet somewhere along the line. theres variation in coat type, broken/rough but you shouldn't get a smooth. thats just my thinking on it, in saying that i could well be talking out my arse.