Spaniels With Lurchers

If you want a bushing dog,, get a dog that was bred to work bushes,, a working cocker. There is no better dog to have on the team IMO

and what were springers bred for :laugh:

Pissing on the carpet every time someone goes near the door. :laugh: Too excitable for me bud,, Cockers, even if it means you have a muddy line along the top of yer breeks fi the wee feckers standing up on yeh every chance they get

If you want a bushing dog,, get a dog that was bred to work bushes,, a working cocker. There is no better dog to have on the team IMO

and what were springers bred for :laugh:

Pissing on the carpet every time someone goes near the door. :laugh: Too excitable for me bud,, Cockers, even if it means you have a muddy line along the top of yer breeks fi the wee feckers standing up on yeh every chance they get

personal choice mate but a good springer does it for me :laugh: wet carpet or not :laugh:

anyone work spaniels with lurchers? how do they work as part of a team? feel free to add pics and stories. cheers folks

I think most dogs that bush are just following a scent rather than trying to 'work as a team' and push quarry in a certain direction.

Once the busher enters cover, it's up to the Lurchers to be smart/experienced enough to put themselves in the right spot.

It's usually where the older dogs will shine, as they always seem to be just in the right place at the right time....

With Spaniels (of any type) it's a two sided coin. Their all very good workers and will bush all day long, with the added bonus of being able to take a high degree of training and are multi purpose.

Other side of the coin is they rarely bark or yap when on quarry so don't give a lurcher much warning when it's on the tail of something (apart from the obvious speeding up through the cover!)