Kit Prices

Lads with a really good working Jill, at some point will want to breed to keep the line going.

the problem is, ferrets usually have big Litters, which means a glut of Kits looking for homes.

The Lads that have been working Jills for years and have developed a good strain, usually wont have a problem, as these Kits will be sourced.

The problem is the Lads new to the game and breeding off Jills, that have only seen one or two Seasons work.

maybe more need to use a Vasectomised Hob, or Jill Jab, or don't let your Jills near a Hob.

Or if you need a replacement, instead of breeding, bring one in.

Regarding all these fancy colours, it should make no difference, in price for those that sell, apart from some wanting a Albino or light coloured ferret, to be easily seen in heavy cover. compared to a darker strain. a ferret is a ferret.

I look on here and cant believe some of the breeding questions, yes ask questions, but there's quite a few asking when the deed has been done.

You have to remember that breeding from two Jills could result in 20 Kits, and if you plan to keep two, that leaves 18 to get rid, and they take a lot of feeding and handling.

spot on.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just seen on gumtree an add...   "ferret kits... albinos-10pound.....black eyed whites-30pound...polecat-20pound...   cmon' Ffs...   gave away 2 castrated hobs to a neighbour...worth over 120qui

Ive never paid for a ferret, And if i bred a litter for own use, the surplus Kits would be free.

Anyone charging £30 for a kit is breeding for the wrong reasons

How much should I be looking at spending for 2 Jill ferrets, just wondering if people are just being greedy, thanks gaz

If I had any this season they would be free, not bred this time but getting gifted a couple as I would like a bit of new stuff. Most I ever paid was £10 but I certainly would not charge that, but I would not knock anyone that did.

i think most working kits are under priced tbh...to those who work them there worth there wait in gold,

ferrets have allways been cheap.. but myself wouldent mind paying more than there going rate...

not only great when out working them but just at home watching them do there dance as got to be worth for than 10 notes of enyones money...

i wouldent charge no more than a fiver or so a kit but i would pay more for one myself

great little critters