T.h.l Air Gun Section Annual Meet,july 12,13,14 2013

This may sound like a strange question, but being new to airgunning and not yet having my own permission to shoot on, will there be the opportunity for someone to show me how to skin and prep a rabbit,or any game for that matter. I'd like to know how to do it properly and there's only so much you can learn watching youtube (just ask my missus).

Also is there any need for me to bring any fire wood, I work for an Arb company so can get some from work.

Cheers

Paul

never have too much firewood at a meet :boogy:

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great weekend, and met some great people! having spent so much time dealing with lambing, and then the shearing, a weekend rolling around in a field full of sheep sh#t was just the type of R and R I n

As above Cheers to the Members of the Airgun THL Section who attended the Meet, It's what makes these Meets Great Superb again Davy, Chaz, Si, and the New Smooth talking Camp Cook Wurz for Making th

Back home, had a cracking weekend....well done to those that attended For those of you interested the Panther is repaired, no lasting damage.....   Here's to the next one...hopefully I'll be able

Posted Images

Not sure about a whole prep.. if I leave the guts in they will start to get a bit funky ... :bad:

But its a simple enough process to go through im sure we could cobble something together :thumbs:

All depends if I hit anything on Thursday :laugh::hunter:

Lol, yeah, wouldn't want to cause a stink. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you've got you eye in mate lol. Thanks :thumbs:

This may sound like a strange question, but being new to airgunning and not yet having my own permission to shoot on, will there be the opportunity for someone to show me how to skin and prep a rabbit,or any game for that matter. I'd like to know how to do it properly and there's only so much you can learn watching youtube (just ask my missus).

Also is there any need for me to bring any fire wood, I work for an Arb company so can get some from work.

Cheers

Paul

never have too much firewood at a meet :boogy:

Cool, I'll bring what I can get in the boot, people will think we're building an ark lol.

Not sure about a whole prep.. if I leave the guts in they will start to get a bit funky ... :bad:

But its a simple enough process to go through im sure we could cobble something together :thumbs:

All depends if I hit anything on Thursday :laugh::hunter:

Lol, yeah, wouldn't want to cause a stink. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you've got you eye in mate lol. Thanks :thumbs:

As it goes, I've frozen a whole squirrel (for bait, not sexual pleasure or anything, that would be weird) so I can bring that in a cool box and show you mate, its just a smaller and fussier job than a rabbit.

• Like 3

yeah had mine for a cupple of days now, handy little things..

I'm worried now that im going to get too involved with the numbers trying to chase the perfect FPS! when i have noticed that there can be quite a difference in each shot but pritty much same POI ..

Ill do some more testing tomorrow.. i want to change scopes on my 97.. im starting to think the Falcon isnt the right scope to be on there..

Anyone else had it where a scope seems to be not suitable for a rifle? .. I seemed to have a lot better accuracy when i had my hawke 2.5-10x44 on there... probably gonna change back :laugh:

Ill stick the falcon on the daystate and use it 'in case of emergency' or.. 'in case of me not being able to hit c*ck all with a springer' :D

Edited by AR177
  • Like 1

just ordered the trophies :thumbs:

i have a special one to,for a special person,but cant reveal it till the scores are in,hope its not me :laugh::laugh: or is that tempting fate?

just have to print out some more score cards,i think i have enough road signs :hmm: i have enough pens.

i shall be bringing some security bands for your pellets tins,so if any one want some let me know! i have an old innertube to cut up :laugh:

for those of you who didnt go to the AAOC meet this year,well you are in for a treat,up at rivington,it really is a stunning place to shoot.and a really challenging course to :thumbs:

• Like 2

hi guys

i am just trying to catergorise the classes,if you could let me know what you will be shooting at the meet,i can be one step a head :thumbs:

i have took the liberty of classing the members i think will be shooting in.we need for to five in each section,so i will be bringing my AATX200.177 & HW97 .22 just in case i have to make numbers up in the .22 class

1.Davy Thomas R
2.Kev Harman O
3.Simon John Pittaway R
4.Aaron friend R
5.Gary Friend R
6.Mark pretlove R
7.lewis Ste R
8.Steve Watson (A1WOC) R
9.Neil O
10.Anne O
11.Wurz (John Lacy) .22
12.Simon Wilson ( AKA Trenchfoot)