22 Lr Quick Question For You Guys????

If you don't have a hawk scope but you have some sort of mil dot scope you can still use the software its pritty decent ..

Or

Go out and put a piece of paper at 15 yards, shoot it and see the aim point on your scope :thumbs:

ATB

Adam

• Like 1

Hi:

Yes dead right AR177, no 'software' 'hardware' or 'slightly pliable ware' needed, just put a sheet of A4 paper at the distance you require,

draw a 3/4" filled in circle with a black felt pen, centre it on your scope, bang, then look at how high the hole is, that's how much you need you

need to aim under. Simples. AF

• Like 2

Any one else know???

You want someone to give you an exact aim point for your rifle ? ? :hmm:

Every rifle and scope combination will have a different point of impact, your whole set up .. rifle, scope choice, mount choice, mount height, eye relief, round choice will all effect where your round lands

no one can tell you exactly where your setup is going to hit at 15 yards.. just go out and shoot a target 15 yards away and see where it hits on your scope

shoot any of my guns and all will shoot high and to the right due to my stigmatisum :laugh: :laugh: get the fook out there and practice :thumbs:

And you will get the same answer for every other distance you want to shoot at. Top tip. Paper plates from the pound shop and find a flat 100yd piece of land.

• Like 1

if you want I will send you a copy of my eley subs trajectory for my .22lr. it took me ages of range work to make it.

at 20 yards and 50 yards mine is centre cross. at 10/12 yards its about - 2 mill rads. Bellow centre cross.

30 and 40 are 0.2 mill rads above cross.

By the time you read all these replies you could have put enough rounds through it to know , nothing teaches you more than doing it yourself ..Your rifle , your ammo , your scope , your practice = your knowledge ..

• Like 1

I'm with the "get out and try it" group. I know Hawke scopes get slagged off. But I love the Hawke Panorama EV range. And i've got one on my .22lr and .17hmr. However I've used the Hawke Ballistic Range Calculator (BRC) several times, and found it totally inaccurate. I've put the needed data into the BRC accurately as possible several times, but it's still way off. Maybe it's atmospherics????

Mine are zeroed at 50 yards on the range. I then just practiced on the 25 yard and 100 yard range to get the right hold over/under. They don't do a 75 yard range at our club so i just went out in the field to do it. In short, just get out there, pace it out and pratice. It doesn't take long. And it's fun to boot! Good luck :)

My little Bruno .22 is sighted at 50 yards, but if I want to shoot something at 15 yards for example how much lower do I aim ???? thanks lk

As others have said...... :yes: :yes:

....and what ammo, barrel length, do you have a mod, scope mount height, etc., the fact is the arc will probably make it similar to 50 yards.