What Brushcutter

Need to get myself a decent brushcutter, need something that is capable of plenty of graft ie: not a cheapy, been looking at stihl backpack ones, but on reading up a bit about them maybe a standard type with 'cowhorns'.

So any recommendations? also looking for a supplier that will deliver, so anywhere in the country is ok.

Thanks.

Edited by GD Waz

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i run stihl everything(brush cutters,stone cutters,chainsaws,blowers,hedge cutters) quality tools that last if looked after the only other brand i would say is huscquvanna iffy spelling had a couple o

them back ones are you short grass but for graft in rough stuff you will want a decent petrol one....any stihl over the over the fs55 will do and only buy stihl the amount of shit i brought till i fou

cow horns are better than the back pack ones the inner shaft snap reel easy

them back ones are you short grass but for graft in rough stuff you will want a decent petrol one....any stihl over the over the fs55 will do and only buy stihl the amount of shit i brought till i found my stihls was unreal.....buy cheap buy twice!!

• Like 2

i run stihl everything(brush cutters,stone cutters,chainsaws,blowers,hedge cutters) quality tools that last if looked after the only other brand i would say is huscquvanna iffy spelling had a couple of saws and brush cutters and they are as good

• Like 4

I have a 4.5hp Husqie and it is the business, mates go mad for Stihl, but I like meine...aint failed yet. Put the heavy blade on and it will go through anything....watch out for dead cats.....boakkkkk......

• Like 1

The Railway use Stihl cow horn type and the amount of shit they have to put up with on the embankments is unreal rail clips lumps of rail concrete sleepers the lot keep it well maintained though.

Honda do a 4 stroke brush cutter :thumbs:

Just been over to look at a lad who has got a 25 acre carp lake, he uses a honda 4stroke. Reckons its allright, think ill stick with 2 stroke as its already mixed for hedge trimmer chainsaw strimmer etc.

So, im gonna go for a bigstihl, ive got a stihl petrol strimmer which I bought 2nd hand (abused already) and been upto my lake today with it and its ok for nettles and this years blackberry growth, but thats its limit. Had a stihl chainsaw from new for 4 or 5 years and thats been a good tool, used on 10m3 + of seasoned hardwood every year plus other bits and bobs.

Better get meself a stihl hat too!

OK so which model now and what supplier?

Edited by GD Waz

At north ayrshire council we bought in a load of stihl equipment to standardize the fleet as they had various makes of strimmers, hedge cutters etc.

Most of the strimmers and hedge cutters failed their HAVS testing and would shake you to bits.

Hence the reason they will only be buying a small selection of stihl equipment in the future

Honda do a 4 stroke brush cutter :thumbs:

Just been over to look at a lad who has got a 25 acre carp lake, he uses a honda 4stroke. Reckons its allright, think ill stick with 2 stroke as its already mixed for hedge trimmer chainsaw strimmer etc.

So, im gonna go for a bigstihl, ive got a stihl petrol strimmer which I bought 2nd hand (abused already) and been upto my lake today with it and its ok for nettles and this years blackberry growth, but thats its limit. Had a stihl chainsaw from new for 4 or 5 years and thats been a good tool, used on 10m3 + of seasoned hardwood every year plus other bits and bobs.

Better get meself a stihl hat too!

OK so which model now and what supplier?

whats your budget??

At north ayrshire council we bought in a load of stihl equipment to standardize the fleet as they had various makes of strimmers, hedge cutters etc.

Most of the strimmers and hedge cutters failed their HAVS testing and would shake you to bits.

Hence the reason they will only be buying a small selection of stihl equipment in the future

sorry but that test must be pretty dam easy to fail then!!!!

Edited by lurcher1

i run stihl everything(brush cutters,stone cutters,chainsaws,blowers,hedge cutters) quality tools that last if looked after the only other brand i would say is huscquvanna iffy spelling had a couple of saws and brush cutters and they are as good

me to mate!!! picking up a ht-75 at the weekend........im so sad about stihl tools that im actually looking forward to going to get it.......... :laugh:

• Like 1