Beefing Up A Full Hound

Brown bread is fine for your dogs and puts weight on them. Just because Dan Edwards calls people names and starts getting irate that doesn't mean he's right. It merely means that he's not confident in what he's saying and feels the need to attack people to prevent them from challenging him. Please refer to page 1 of this thread.

why would you use brown bread tho to put weight on it may be a quick fix but it has no nutritional gain to it what so ever and as said before the amount needed is borderline unhealthy surely its got to be better by far to feed a good well balanced diet i.e raw substitued with a well made dry and build the weight up on that diet and exercise which in my eyes is adding good weight not bad weight, the whole bred diet is well out off date back from when dry was not any good but its a multi million investment now for the companys creating it they no there stuff and most produce a good diet. gone are the days of 2 slices off bread half a cup off pasta and a cup off vitalin food products have progressed and so should we, raw meat supplimented with dry is an excellent diet if you feel the need to add to that add root vegetables not bread and other slow releasing carbs
Ok so to use your argument about multimillion pound companies knowing there stuff these days why do GAIN sell bags of brown bread nuggets (as stated by someone else a few pages back )if its so old school or are they just pandering to the thousands of know nothing idiots feeding there dogs on Jurassic diets but probably spent a fortune on research and development to offer a product that people required?

cause there cashing in westy they supply alot off feed to raceing kennles an the way they see it is theses lads are feeding brown bread why dont we supply them to take more of there money off them, ive never seen these brown bread nuggets but im gonna have a wild stab in the dark that there is other things added to to make it more benifical for the dogs or the owners would just continue feeding sliced bread that im sue they get for a pittance from numerouse local bakerys at the end off the day.

There are other things added. Its a 10% feed and actually when blended with another type or two of their feeds it becomes a complete feed. Its all a marketing scam as usual.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nowt much wrong with that dog, apart from its coat, Malaseb shampoo is what you need, a good vigorous brushing against the grain, get stuck in, cod liver oil capsule, 1 a day, fresh water, as for brow

Half the Western world and f**k knows how many Americans are fat as f**k...biggest problem is...bread and bread products...cakes...and what do we make them with wheat...   I have a well respected a

Infact fook me even Jesus liked a loaf or two..

Posted Images

Brown bread is fine for your dogs and puts weight on them. Just because Dan Edwards calls people names and starts getting irate that doesn't mean he's right. It merely means that he's not confident in what he's saying and feels the need to attack people to prevent them from challenging him. Please refer to page 1 of this thread.

So I refered to page 1 of this thread and I still cant find where I called somebody a name. And as far as me not being confident, do you know me? HAHA!

And if a 10 month old's pin bones are showing, "You are doing it wrong!"

The dog is either wormy or you are simply not feeding enough. There is zero reason though why a dog would need to eat dog gone bread at anytime during its entire life. Makes absolute zero sense whatsoever. I dont care what grandpappy dont know shit told you.

So I refered to page 1 of this thread and I still cant find where I called somebody a name. And as far as me not being confident, do you know me? HAHA!

Grandpappy Don't know shit, who was that aimed at?

why would you use brown bread tho to put weight on it may be a quick fix but it has no nutritional gain to it what so ever and as said before the amount needed is borderline unhealthy surely its got to be better by far to feed a good well balanced diet i.e raw substitued with a well made dry and build the weight up on that diet and exercise which in my eyes is adding good weight not bad weight, the whole bred diet is well out off date back from when dry was not any good but its a multi million investment now for the companys creating it they no there stuff and most produce a good diet. gone are the days of 2 slices off bread half a cup off pasta and a cup off vitalin food products have progressed and so should we, raw meat supplimented with dry is an excellent diet if you feel the need to add to that add root vegetables not bread and other slow releasing carbs
Ok so to use your argument about multimillion pound companies knowing there stuff these days why do GAIN sell bags of brown bread nuggets (as stated by someone else a few pages back )if its so old school or are they just pandering to the thousands of know nothing idiots feeding there dogs on Jurassic diets but probably spent a fortune on research and development to offer a product that people required?

cause there cashing in westy they supply alot off feed to raceing kennles an the way they see it is theses lads are feeding brown bread why dont we supply them to take more of there money off them, ive never seen these brown bread nuggets but im gonna have a wild stab in the dark that there is other things added to to make it more benifical for the dogs or the owners would just continue feeding sliced bread that im sue they get for a pittance from numerouse local bakerys at the end off the day.

There are other things added. Its a 10% feed and actually when blended with another type or two of their feeds it becomes a complete feed. Its all a marketing scam as usual.

There's clearly alot of people using bread in the dogs diet so they produced a convenient product for the consumer to use,I use it worked a treat for putting weight on a dog that wasn't holding weight and looked a state (perfectly healthy dog after numerous vet checks and tests)used within a balanced diet he gained 7 kgs in 6 weeks.

Brown bread works in whatever form fact.

• Like 1

There's clearly alot of people using bread in the dogs diet so they produced a convenient product for the consumer to use,I use it worked a treat for putting weight on a dog that wasn't holding weight and looked a state (perfectly healthy dog after numerous vet checks and tests)used within a balanced diet he gained 7 kgs in 6 weeks.

200 pound grown men put on 600 mg of testosterone a week put on an average of about 11.5 pounds of muscle in a year with regular weight training. I'm sure them 7kgs were just what the doctor ordered.

The dog is either wormy or you are simply not feeding enough. There is zero reason though why a dog would need to eat dog gone bread at anytime during its entire life. Makes absolute zero sense whatsoever. I dont care what grandpappy dont know shit told you.

Bwahahaha! It was just a sayin. It werent aimed at nobody nor their grandfather. It was more a reference to the fact that feeding a canine bread is an antiquated practice that is totally unecessary. Trust me I of all people would never offend anyone's family members at anytime. Im sorry you took it that way cuz I can assure you it wasnt meant that way at all.

Is Bob your uncle. :laugh:

200 pound grown men put on 600 mg of testosterone a week put on an average of about 11.5 pounds of muscle in a year with regular weight training. I'm sure them 7kgs were just what the doctor ordered.

Yeah it was, dog looks mustard now :)

i feed my dogs meat from butchers an dry feed works a treat but i used to throw in brown bread years ago an it brought on a we lurcher i got that was well under weight.dont knock the old ways worked for years an still does.

im sure bread will add weight fraz after all i eat bread an im fat but i allso think theres good weight and bad weight that can be gained, im never goona say dont feed bread to anyone everyman to there own an all that i just simply put across my opinion on the subject

no bother lad everyone entitled to their opinion atb

Bwahahaha! It was just a sayin. It werent aimed at nobody nor their grandfather. It was more a reference to the fact that feeding a canine bread is an antiquated practice that is totally unecessary. Trust me I of all people would never offend anyone's family members at anytime. Im sorry you took it that way cuz I can assure you it wasnt meant that way at all.

If I read it wrong then I apologise. It seemed to be a dig at one of the previous posters who's an advocate of brown bread and who's dogs are always in fantastic condition.

I'm sorry to have done you a disservice and take back the accusation. I didn't think you were sniping at anyone's family though.

There is more than one way to skin a cat...... Everyone will have their methods and there is mre than one right answer. We have established the dog isnt really underweight anyway but if a dog needs to gain weight feeding more is the answer, whether thats more carbs, protein or fat. The dog will take what it needs from the food and pass the rest as we do too. IMO it doesnt matter if you feed more kibble or add bread, meat and fat into the diet it will still take the nutrients it needs and pass the rest