• 4 weeks later...

I have called them and they have come across the field like a bloody lurcher, and I have had to shoot to stop it running into my legs, those times you think to yourself I wish I had brought the shotgun instead of the rifle :icon_eek: but of course, take the shotgun next time and they will all be skulking 150 yards away :icon_redface:

As someone else said, VERY close sometimes, and I have had to stop more than one getting too close.

They will come charging at you sometimes, but as we all know at other times they will simply turn and run in the opposite direction.

Couple of foot on a windy night,shouted boooo to stop it,it bolted and my mate shot it with the 10 bore.

Any of you boy's use a hare call i have been have a far bit of luck with it lately ?

I had one years ago,few inches long,made out of wood,was shaped like a trumpet,was a cracking call,but i lost the fecker!!!

Another good one is the squeak out of a dog toy,take it out and cup it in your hands to make different pitches :thumbs:

Couple of foot on a windy night,shouted boooo to stop it,it bolted and my mate shot it with the 10 bore.

Any of you boy's use a hare call i have been have a far bit of luck with it lately ?

I had one years ago,few inches long,made out of wood,was shaped like a trumpet,was a cracking call,but i lost the fecker!!!

Another good one is the squeak out of a dog toy,take it out and cup it in your hands to make different pitches :thumbs:

yea we tryed that ,use to be a dog toy ,small rugby ball cut 1 end off and blow ,brilliant and cheap,poundlands the new fox call seller,

• Like 1