Our Way Of Life Is A Dirty Little Secret Getting...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm gonna have a rant here and feel free to join in or disagree.... When I started out hunting, I was proud to be associated as a hunter, still am. But it's getting increasingly like a dirty little se

My friends think I lost the plot when I got the hunting bug, especially as I am a townie and always have been. The worst thing is I work in an office for a government agency (don't hate me, it pays we

I couldnt give a shit what folk think of me tbh .ive more to annoy me!

Posted Images

Because i shoot and always seem to be doing something with the dogs, or taking 1000's of photos of my veg garden and/or the dogs or chickens, i've been called a sad b*****d, a boring c**t, "are you not sick of the sight of them dogs?", "you need a girlfriend" and more.....and my so called mate whenever i mention even going to the clays or how the dogs are he says don't bother talking about it :hmm: so i don't bother talking to the c**t anymore!!

Truth is, i couldn't give a shit. The people doing the bad mouthing are the people who think they're something special but in reality are just the sheep of society. They have no clue where their food comes from, don't understand the need for pest control and countryside management, and don't understand the enjoyment and satisfaction i get from working and walking the dogs :yes:

They can suck my hairy bollocks if i'm honest! :laugh:

• Like 7

It's bending over to appease the ones who do the most shouting mate.. :yes: Like others have said, if we had a cross interest organisation that was prepared to shout as loud as our opponents we wouldn't be in this mess.. Something with teeth like the NRA in America would be needed IMO..

So f*****g true malt. There were posters splashed about up here with a picture of a guy lamping urging folk to report illegal poaching, it had the basc logo on it. Not everyone lamping is a poacher as you know, so why make out they are :(
They poster are bollocks anyway the folks as are going to report poaching already know whats legal and what aint its just the basc trying to distance its self from dogmen in an attempt to move the attention from themselves
It's pretty sad though mate the way our sport has been washed down the sewer. I know plenty of poachers who use guns not dogs. The lurcherman gets the blame of everything, maybe I should have just made the thread about us lurchermen cos its becoming apparent its us and them. We don't stand a chance of joe public liking us and over turning the ban when other country persuits are persecuting us. They can ban shooting tomorrow for all I care :yes:
Totally understand how you feel mate and it is a disgrace how the sports are divided but just as not all dog men are poachers not all shooters hate lurchers all I know is this I dont fly falcons dont fish they constantly distance themselves from us even try to discredit us but should attempts be made to get them banned I Will care and Will stand with them just as I stood with the dog lads
I appreciate that mate but trust me, when your sport gets singled out and crucified by all, it leaves a different taste in your mouth. We tried to stand as one but we were singled out and the other sports turned their back and threw us to the lions. When their day comes and it will :yes: good f*****g luck.
Thing is mate I consider lurcher work my sport as well, just as I considered shooting handguns competitively my sport having had both effectively taken from me through no fault of mine I could be bitter and believe that every one was against us or I could stand alongside those that did support us no mater how few to defend there chosen sport

I shoot too mate but dogs are my passion. I commend anyone who can turn the other cheek but I'm not one of them. We all knew when hunting with dogs was being targeted that they would try to divide us to make us weaker. They succeeded and even in this thread you can see people are prejudice towards our way of life. Fine, damage is done, we are still here in one form or another. If the next target is shooting, I'll feel bad for them but only for a minute or so. Then I'll remember the clowns who wouldn't even sign a lousy partition. Your a gamekeeper and a sound fella, you have more to lose than most. For decent guys like yourself, I hope it never happens.

• Like 1

To me the time of the anti seems to to be coming to an end, No longer do you see them making the headlines like they did in the last decade, even the main animal protection groups are now paying the price for there allegiance with the far right, The RSPCA will have to change its policies soon as the loss of all these high profile court cases will do there charity status no good with either the press or those members of the public who support them.

Some of the posts on here made by some...................you know the ones...................who post stuff regarding a lack of respect for quarry or the countryside in general do the rest of us no favours........we should start an award for the most :icon_eek: post, the prize being a genuine banjo for each family member :laugh: . When this happens the rest give em some stick! I think that shows how responsible most are and how seriously we take what we do. Those that are anti hunting and most wont be "hardcore antis" need educating about where their food comes from......its that simple. They need to compare the life and death of a farm animal compared to that of a wild animal.

It just seems that a better PR job has been done by anti hunting organisations, one clip of some cowboys at work splashed over the media will do us all an awful lot of harm and I don't see in the public arena any of the pro hunting organisations doing anything. Most of the public will not go out of there way to access hunting material, it has to be fed to them and the only people doing this are most definately anti hunting.

People have been hunting since there were people and will always do so, it links us to the countryside, the planet and all the save the planet people should think on that, sustainable hunting and a respect for what is hunted is a truly noble thing. Compare that to someone that looks down on hunting grabbing their value Sunday joint in Asdas and chucking it in a trolly, without a thought about the animal that was carrying that lump of muscle around...........makes you think :hmm:

• Like 1

To me the time of the anti seems to to be coming to an end, No longer do you see them making the headlines like they did in the last decade, even the main animal protection groups are now paying the price for there allegiance with the far right, The RSPCA will have to change its policies soon as the loss of all these high profile court cases will do there charity status no good with either the press or those members of the public who support them.

Not sure I understand, Paulus - :hmm:

yep we do are selves no favors though we allow ourselves to be ostracized the midland game fair

is a prime example where lurcher & terrier rings are pushed further & further out of the way & out

of sight like a black sheep of the family last time i went i couldn't even find the ring it wasn't in the

program nor on the or on the site maps posted around the show ground it were a joke but people

will still support it, hand over their money to fill their coffers & whilst we continue to do so nothing

will change the same applies to being a member of basc or any organization that takes our money

but pushes us to the side lines

should say "animal rights" :laugh:

its not all bad baw, on my facebook page i regularly upload pictures of my dogs and am pleasantly surprised in the interest i get off some people. some of my mates are from town and are always asking to come along lamping and are fascinated at the fact a dog can actually catch a rabbit. and when they come along and see it for themselves its a good feeling seeing them amazed by it and it makes you proud to be a hunter. i have hunting stickers on my car because i am proud of it and if people dont agree with what we do then f**k them. rise above it. there will always be people looking down on us for what we do but I am never going to stop, and if i ever have kids I will do my best to bring them up to respect the countryside and encourage them to hunt the land i do and to be proud of it and not be intimidated by people that dont have a clue what they are even talking about (antis). lets face it, there will always be antis and we have to make sure there will always be hunters by not feeling intimidated or ashamed of what we do.

• Like 1

Is that a Freudian slip - or has Brian May really gone all Nazi ?? :icon_eek:

Don't know about Nazi but he`s defiantly a c*nt :laugh:

Don't know about Nazi but he`s defiantly a c*nt :laugh:

Someone must be able to Photoshop that, for our enjoyment ! :yes: You shouldn't confuse the two - not many tree-huggers in EDL, I wouldn't have thought ! :D

Edited by Blackbriar