• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a good little red dog

] heres some of mine  

same bitch

Posted Images

as we dont work with any hunt there,s only me or my mate with a gun it,s not a problem but see your point atb

Why would working with a hunt be a problem?

because there all back stabbing mothers..........by the way im considerably more ritcher than you............ :laugh:

because of the gun,s on the hunt with the coulour of the dog easy mistaken for fox

Yeah I get that I wouldn't work red dogs around guns either but luckily for me in this part of the world hunt terrierwork isn't carried out like that so I'm free to use whatever dog does the job regardless of colour. ottv.jpg
When I was in scotland & hounds marked to ground, it was my choice who was & who was not at the hole, if there wasn't anyone I trusted, I'd do it myself. Things go wrong when u let any old fool at a hole..
  • Like 2

because of the gun,s on the hunt with the coulour of the dog easy mistaken for fox

Yeah I get that I wouldn't work red dogs around guns either but luckily for me in this part of the world hunt terrierwork isn't carried out like that so I'm free to use whatever dog does the job regardless of colour. ottv.jpg
When I was in scotland & hounds marked to ground, it was my choice who was & who was not at the hole, if there wasn't anyone I trusted, I'd do it myself. Things go wrong when u let any old fool at a hole..

on the hunts i dont know why they want more than two at a hole...........ok exceptions if its a unfamiliar earth or a depth .......then help is needed ..........

before the ban the only help the terriermen was needed if he was at a dig and needed a few places tried in front of the hounds.......

and on drains ..just one man and his dog........numbers draw unwanted attention.........

pre ban i see the hunt terrierman as the equivalent to a ferreting man ............you work it for the bolt.......silence ,carmness followed by the occasional dig ........at the end of the day every hunt was different and i prefered the hunt with out the guns given old reynard a fair hunt with plenty of law.........and nothing more natural ...........

those were the days and i would do anything to see the ban lifted.........

• Like 1

same bitch

cracking bitch alli look,s like she served you well atb

thanks she wasn't the cleverest terrier ive had she always got in a bit of a tangle, suppose it was her way of working, still always got a result, the smaller red never made much. I only keep whites these days

• Like 5

If you don't mind me asking alli , why did you go for whites? Certainly looks like you had a good line of working reds mate.

I find the Russell type give a bit more voice. not so much a liability, but that's just my opinion, plus the reds wasn't my breeding even though I did enjoy them at that time. and times have changed for the worse in respect to a badly knocked up terrier.

• Like 1