Guest long-tail

I can just imagine the conversation:

"I know the dog is underweight, I'm trying to sort it out"

"What professional advice have you sought?"

"Well I did ask on the Hunting Life forum............"

Denying a sick animal veterinary attention is an offence. Having a sick dog isn't. I don't think the OP has any intention of not getting help; perhaps this was just a 'stab in the dark'.... Either way, it's going to be better to see a vet ASAP which is what I think the OP is intending to do.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if thats the case and you have tried all them things then something else is going on get your computer turned off and get down the vets

More going on with that dog than just grub, a vet is what it needs, should never be allowed to get in that condition

tripe, beef mince, brown bread, melt some lard blocks down and pour the warm fat over it

Dont put the picture back up it could be used to incriminate you

Too late mate.

Anything you post will be stored on your registry, even if you later delete it :thumbs:

As has been said; as long as proper veterinary advice has been sought, no offence has been committed.

Hope it is all OK; we're all waiting for an update now!

Dont know if anyone else has asked, but have you watched the two dogs feeding together, my brothers two had to be fed separate in the end cos one bitch was dominant over the other and its nicking its food. Tbh tho mate the bitch the pic left up looks a wee bit underweight too. Hope you get it sorted mate, Have a look at J.DOGs rescue bitch, he's doin a crackin job nursing that bitch back, if the vet solves any underlying issues you'll still have the job of building her back up. Good luck wi em, hope you can get her sorted. Cant blame whoever rang the rspca tho bud, if I saw the dog out and about I'd assume it was neglect. atb.

Dont know if anyone else has asked, but have you watched the two dogs feeding together, my brothers two had to be fed separate in the end cos one bitch was dominant over the other and its nicking its food. Tbh tho mate the bitch the pic left up looks a wee bit underweight too. Hope you get it sorted mate, Have a look at J.DOGs rescue bitch, he's doin a crackin job nursing that bitch back, if the vet solves any underlying issues you'll still have the job of building her back up. Good luck wi em, hope you can get her sorted. Cant blame whoever rang the rspca tho bud, if I saw the dog out and about I'd assume it was neglect. atb.

hes already said the dogs are kenneled and fed seperate :thumbs:

Guest long-tail

so heres the out come,vet checked her over completly you all know the format,first thing she was 2kg lighter than when i took her few months ago for a wrist injury,while examining her asking the usual quetions,food intake,water,general demeanor of the bitch etc,feeling her stomach along the inside of her legs nothing out of the ordinary,so the next thing is to take blood samples to give an indication of liver,kidney functions etc to which i obviously agreed.

while we were chatting he took her temp 37 normal,lastly before he was going to take the blood he listened to her heart,seemed she had a very bad heart murmur although this would not be relative to general weight loss.

yes in certain circumstances it can be controlled with drugs in his own words prob not a viable option for a working dog of this type,even said that she may well get slipped on a rabbit one day and not come back.

the decision was made and she was put to sleep there and then so will never know what the outcome of the blood tests would prove cheers