Flying The Flag?

Was out yesterday walking the dogs, had a few runs and then came across a big old country house, proudly flying the union jack.

Looking at that flag flying, i thought it was nice to see atleast some people find it worthwhile to sport their nations colours for all to see.

20130414_181802_zps0c8acba7.jpg

Any of you people fly the flag? Whether it be the countries flag, or the nations?

Gave me and idea to get mine flying up high.

Always makes me proud seeing a country flag flying :yes:

Imagine if every house sported the colours in one way, shape or form..... be a BIG statement :thumbs:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

never liked the french flag...........    

It's not illegal at all - my local council office flies the cross of St. George on April 23rd, for instance. The problem is, as you hinted, that too many people now think the flag belongs to EDL, BNP

dont fly the george cross but fly the union flag , normally from the 1st a july to the last saturday in august , but this year when its up it wont be coming back down

Posted Images

Had a Welsh flag flying for a while but all the weather ruined it.

If I'm not mistaken its illegal in England to fly the English flag as its deenmed racist, perhaps our English members could shed more light on it.

Drive around Bulwell on the 23rd and tell the locals there that............ :laugh:

Edited by Born Hunter

If I'm not mistaken its illegal in England to fly the English flag as its deenmed racist, perhaps our English members could shed more light on it.

I think that might be urban myth, although I know for a fact a pub near here that had St Georges flag bunting outside was ordered to take it down on those grounds. I don't think that applies to private premises, but no-one seems to fly one here unless England are playing sport or it is St Georges Day.

• Like 1

It's not illegal at all - my local council office flies the cross of St. George on April 23rd, for instance. The problem is, as you hinted, that too many people now think the flag belongs to EDL, BNP or "football" hooligans.

Only by flying our flag proudly, can we claim it back from these groups, so ask your local councils and so on if they'll be flying the flag - it's next Tuesday !

Fly one yourself, wear a lapel badge - show your pride in your own country. If you don't how can you expect others to ?

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 4

It's not illegal at all - my local council office flies the cross of St. George on April 23rd, for instance. The problem is, as you hinted, that too many people now think the flag belongs to EDL, BNP or "football" hooligans.

Only by flying our flag proudly, can we claim it back from these groups, so ask your local councils and so on if they'll be flying the flag - it's next Tuesday !

Fly one yourself, wear a lapel badge - show your pride in your own country. If you don't how can you expect others to ?

Thing is, we are in England, so they should fly the English flag EVERY day, not just 23rd April.

• Like 2

Drive around Bulwell on the 23rd and tell the locals there that............ :laugh:

How is the old place ? i used to play footie against Henry Mellish school, when I were a lad ! :thumbs:

Edited by Blackbriar

I think that might be urban myth, although I know for a fact a pub near here that had St Georges flag bunting outside was ordered to take it down on those grounds. I don't think that applies to private premises, but no-one seems to fly one here unless England are playing sport or it is St Georges Day.

.....or the grounds that some immigrant might catch his turban in it !

• Like 1

or strelly broxtowe or sutton in ashfield kirkby in ashfield to name a few and not just on the 23rd ... when i used to do the markets in leics and loughborough used to drap the union jack and george from my stall :thumbs: fly em from a flag pole on my garage roof for big sporting events ...

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 2

I was obviously mistaken then. :icon_redface: I remember hearing something on the news a while back about the flags being deemed racist. :thumbs:

No need for the red face, bud. This shows the strength and depth of the myths and lies that the multi-cults have managed to peddle for God-only-knows-how-many years. It's time it stopped !