Flying The Flag?

It's not illegal at all - my local council office flies the cross of St. George on April 23rd, for instance. The problem is, as you hinted, that too many people now think the flag belongs to EDL, BNP or "football" hooligans.

Only by flying our flag proudly, can we claim it back from these groups, so ask your local councils and so on if they'll be flying the flag - it's next Tuesday !

Fly one yourself, wear a lapel badge - show your pride in your own country. If you don't how can you expect others to ?

Thing is, we are in England, so they should fly the English flag EVERY day, not just 23rd April.

am british and have family serving under the union flag that is the flag of the united kingdom st georges day is englands day

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

never liked the french flag...........    

It's not illegal at all - my local council office flies the cross of St. George on April 23rd, for instance. The problem is, as you hinted, that too many people now think the flag belongs to EDL, BNP

dont fly the george cross but fly the union flag , normally from the 1st a july to the last saturday in august , but this year when its up it wont be coming back down

Posted Images

Had a Welsh flag flying for a while but all the weather ruined it.

If I'm not mistaken its illegal in England to fly the English flag as its deenmed racist, perhaps our English members could shed more light on it.

Drive around Bulwell on the 23rd and tell the locals there that............ :laugh:

How is the old place ? i used to play footie against Henry Mellish school, when I were a lad ! :thumbs:

If I'm not mistaken its illegal in England to fly the English flag as its deenmed racist, perhaps our English members could shed more light on it.

Drive around Bulwell on the 23rd and tell the locals there that............ :laugh:

How is the old place ? i used to play footie against Henry Mellish school, when I were a lad ! :thumbs:

lived on serbina street off st anns well road and stockhill basford for a while before moving out to the sticks...

>

lived on serbina street off st anns well road and stockhill basford for a while before moving out to the sticks...

i went to Ellis Guilford school and when we were first married, we lived on Moffat Close in St.Anns (top of "Donkey Hill"). I'm a Basford lad, born and bred ! :victory:

Always fancied a big flag pole in the back garden......only be the Scotland flag on that pole though..:-)

• Like 1

>>

i went to Ellis Guilford school and when we were first married, we lived on Moffat Close in St.Anns (top of "Donkey Hill"). I'm a Basford lad, born and bred ! :victory:

st anns --- used to drink in the gardeners till a few year back played football for them late 70s

Always fancied a big flag pole in the back garden......only be the Scotland flag on that pole though..:-)

you complimented me on all my union flags lol

have one in the garden,and have a union flag coffee table :thumbs:

Aye so I f***ing did. You'll be saying I said keeping that mutt in the house is a good idea next? Lol

>>>

st anns --- used to drink in the gardeners till a few year back played football for them late 70s

We lived next to the Beacon,but been in the Westminster and Wishing Well a few times too. Need a bullet-proof vest to live round there nowadays ! :thumbdown:

dont fly the george cross but fly the union flag , normally from the 1st a july to the last saturday in august , but this year when its up it wont be coming back down :thumbs:

• Like 3

>>>

How is the old place ? i used to play footie against Henry Mellish school, when I were a lad ! :t

humbs:

We lived next to the Beacon,but been in the Westminster and Wishing Well a few times too. Need a bullet-proof vest to live round there nowadays ! :thumbdown:

went back last year for a look around most of its gone where i lived -- used to cut through from vic baths onto the park some of its still the same ....