Baking And Cooking In General

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tommo with be all over this thread in a min.

I love baking I make loads of cakes & bread , trouble is I eat it all

I do loads of cooking myself and probably about 60% of what we eat. One of my favorite dishes is anything yorkshire pudding related so toad in the hole is a fairly regular occurrence   Other then t

I wouldn't eat Warburtons Paulus. I used to do the PC there..........

if you had eaten my wifes cooking for the last 27 years you would be happy with a slice of warburtons, rat currants or no rat currants :laugh:

I do nothing inside the house and that includes cooking - my wife is a fantastic cook and she bakes most days...totally spoiled...my favourite is her spicy meatballs with her own pasta and garlic bread or venison chilli... :thumbs:

I do nothing inside the house and that includes cooking - my wife is a fantastic cook and she bakes most days...totally spoiled...my favourite is her spicy meatballs with her own pasta and garlic bread or venison chilli... :thumbs:

do you want a lodger :laugh: :laugh:

If I wasn't playing football , larking about with mates or having adventures with my dad I was in the kitchen with mother. I would stir, whisk, knead, fold, roll and mix in return for the lashing left over in the bowl. I did home economics at middel school which was basically "shit your mum does, now appreciate the work she puts in!". Half the kids couldn't boil an egg and the others must have thought that putting flour with butter caused a glutenous explosion. I got to work with the hottest girl in the class as I could make a victoria sponge. I showed her how to cream everything together and she let me lick her bowl out when she'd finished and the teacher wasn't looking.

I cook everything from scratch as I can't stand the thougt of not knowing what has gone into my food. I wouldn't say I have a signature dish as such but I can whip up a meal from all sorts of stuff like on one of those cookery progs where they get a few ingredients and rattle something out. I think that came from my dad when my mum was out working, we'd rumage through the cupboards and just pick stuff then try and make something edible. Friends often come round for a Sunday roast dinner etc and I've been asked to cook for dinner parties at their house (they're always the best as I make sure I use every feckin thing they own, well I'm not doing the washing up ;)) I've recently become addicted to Thai-style trout fillets with sweet potato salads, trouble is I run out of trout very quickly which means I have to go fishing again, what a bummer ;)

Not exactly hard but i make a good Lasagna..........got a real good local butcher who sells Buffalo beef so i make it with that. Not scared to give things ago...usually half the ingredients from the cupboard go in....... :thumbs:

do you want a lodger :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I got banned from Cookery at school for taking pheasants and ducks in 'in the feather' :laugh: and winding up the girliewirlies :angel:

Won't have foreign muck like Lasagne in the house; nothing except good ole fashioned english grub here, like Jalfrazi.......... :whistling:

Just tried the bread after being forced to leave it to cool while I popped off and checked some mole traps (who'd work for a living? ;) ) and I have to say; it's bloody lovely!

On route I picked up a gallon of 'medicine' from the micro brewery (for services rendered), so it may well be bread, cheese and beer for supper. Mrs Rat is currently dieting, so by default, so am I. Bloody weight watchers chips last night were a crime against potatoes.........

I love cooking - always trying new stuff, and once you have made ( and tasted ) own made things like bread, pastry, cakes and pasta etc, you'd never go back to shop brought. Making bread 15 years ago got me into doing pasta, then growing veg and herbs, and now half the garden is growing food !

The one thing I could never do until a few months ago, was Yorkshire Puddings, but thanks to a very very helpful person on here, I now can :toast: who said THL was all about saluki's, matches and crabbing other peoples dogs !

My mum was a cook, so I was brought up in a house where there was always top notch grub to eat but all the time I was there I learned nothing..! I moved out at 19 and had to sort myself out, sharpish!

I decided that I'd start learning to cook all the things my mum didn't, continental food, curry's etc. From there I was flying and now cook probably about 75% of the grub in our house, I love to cook and can tackle anything. Though the Mrs is catching up very nicely and now cracks on with most dishes that once only I could do.

The only thing I've never done is bake, never had the need, mum used to do all that and I'd never have enough room to fit anymore in after one of my 'specials' anyway!! But it's sommat I've penciled in for the future, sommat I really want to learn.