60 Traps....gone!!!!!

I put down around 60 duffus traps last week on a farm and was going to be quite a good earner. However on returning to check them....all gone. I had a few neighbouring farms in line as well, so you can imagine how pissed off i am.

It was in quite a posh area as well.

Just like to here others thoughts and experience on this. Do i buy more traps and be a lot more tactful, ie not using traps...?????

Cheers Gaz

I put down around 60 duffus traps last week on a farm and was going to be quite a good earner. However on returning to check them....all gone. I had a few neighbouring farms in line as well, so you can imagine how pissed off i am.

It was in quite a posh area as well.

Just like to here others thoughts and experience on this. Do i buy more traps and be a lot more tactful, ie not using traps...?????

Cheers Gaz

What a dirty ,rotten , thing to do.Your instincts are probably right ,about the lamper,as well.Makes your blood boil ! With you putting down about 60 , i take it you used markers.............. if so, i understand. I made a point earlier of saying,i never use markers,cause it gives the game away.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i ran a thread last year when i had 25 traps stolen my traps were marked 5 weeks later not 300 yards away from my permission i caught the lad checking his traps on his permission 6 in the morning gue

I got a feeling its someone whos been lamping hares. There have been reports of it before.   I hope they come on here and read this.....cuz you're a fecking waster, firstly stealing from my liveliho

Get more traps, get a camera set up, find out who's stealing them and let them know if it happens again they will have knee problems.

That's a good point Giro.

Got any serious competition in the area Derbylad? I would put anything passed some of the new generation of molecatchers/grasscutters/painters/gardeners/windowcleaners etc.

A trail camera may help, or it may just be another expense. It's no good finding out that someone in a dark jacket and beanie hat wandered in and nicked your traps the night before.

The NFU insurance policy for molecatchers includes a theft clause. I'm not sure if they would cover in these circumstances but it may be worth thinking about. I would also report it to the police just in case they've pulled some scrote with a pile of traps in their motor.

One thing I did think of when this happened to me is that it is nigh on impossible to identify the traps. I'm thinking of getting some tooling made up so that I can stamp all my traps with some sort of unique mark.

Smartwater mate google it ....

People never cease to amaze me,we ought to have a name and shame wall on here with all the dog and equipment thieves that we catch on it, as a warning to others, I hope who ever nicked your traps gets caught be the right people

How much are the traps to buy? I bet some other trapper buys them on the cheap suspecting they are stolen and turns a blind eye.

Lampers seem to get the blame for every crime that goes down in the countryside :hmm:

I got a feeling its someone whos been lamping hares. There have been reports of it before.

I hope they come on here and read this.....cuz you're a fecking waster, firstly stealing from my livelihood and secondly running hares that are carrying young. Pricks like this......f**k it!!! I'll catch the kunts.

I wouldn't have thought it would be lampers, they wouldn't be able to find that many in the dark. It'll probably be some tree hugger that has found them while walking their dog or watched you set them. Get yourself a trail cam. Google 'LTL trail camera', that's the one i bought for £100 and it's the bollocks. It'll take pictures and/or video. It has a little screen on the back so you can watch on the camera. It's camo as well. I would also let the Police know, after all it is a crime.

I stamp all my Fenns with a unique code so that they can be identified as mine.

It all came about a long time ago when I was trapping some squirrels in a commercial forestry plantation. I happened to bump into the keeper on the day I was lifting the traps and an argument ensued when he accused me of taking some of his traps. After that, all my traps were marked.

I've got to get some tooling made so that I can stamp all my Duffus traps with a fly press.