Muntjac Spread

Anyone know if Muntjac have spread much in South Wales ? Have read and heard tiny bits about it but would have thought the population would do well in all the valley forestry's and would see more around.

On a totally seperate note - How many live munties can you fit in the back of a master van ? Hahaha ;)

Anyone know if Muntjac have spread much in South Wales ? Have read and heard tiny bits about it but would have thought the population would do well in all the valley forestry's and would see more around.

On a totally seperate note - How many live munties can you fit in the back of a master van ? Hahaha ;)

They stress and die easily. the same as most deer unless transported correctly :thumbs:

Guest long-tail

they are becoming a pain in the arse,plenty of them in herts and anyone with a dog going to end up in trouble sooner or later.

mine regularly putting them up even on waste ground near town centers,i love a bit of bushing but f**k me it has its moments

I HAVENT BEEN OUT WITH OUR LOCAL PACK MUCH THIS YEAR,.........BUT THE LAST TIME I WAS FOLLOWING I SEEN A COUPLE OF MUNT JACK AND THEY SEEM TO BE SPREADING IN POPULATION I HEAR FRIENDS SEEING THEM ABOUT MORE COMMONLY............

I M TOLD THAT THEY BREED ALL YEAR ROUND AND IS IT TRUE THAT THIS IS THE REASON FOR A NO CLOSE SEASON OF CULLING..?

THE SCREAM IS VERY DISTINCTIVE AND A HORRID SOUND SO IM TOLD.....

I HAVENT BEEN OUT WITH OUR LOCAL PACK MUCH THIS YEAR,.........BUT THE LAST TIME I WAS FOLLOWING I SEEN A COUPLE OF MUNT JACK AND THEY SEEM TO BE SPREADING IN POPULATION I HEAR FRIENDS SEEING THEM ABOUT MORE COMMONLY............

I M TOLD THAT THEY BREED ALL YEAR ROUND AND IS IT TRUE THAT THIS IS THE REASON FOR A NO CLOSE SEASON OF CULLING..?

THE SCREAM IS VERY DISTINCTIVE AND A HORRID SOUND SO IM TOLD.....

each doe will have have 2 young per year, they are constantly pregnant and even have the ability to hold back the fetus development untill conditions are better. so every doe you see will have a suckler hidden somewhere close. They bark like fooking dogs mate. at night they start barking to warn each other long before you see one :laugh:

Tons of them round here - leaping out onto the road in front of the truck, leaping out of the hedges when out with the horses, suddenly appearing in the fields early morning when out with the dogs - they are a real nuisance. Although I am not sure what is worse, hearing one scream or bark when I'm out late at mooching with the dogs, or hearing the sheep in the field next door coughing and sounding like a drunk tramp in the hedge.

they are becoming a pain in the arse,plenty of them in herts and anyone with a dog going to end up in trouble sooner or later.

mine regularly putting them up even on waste ground near town centers,i love a bit of bushing but f**k me it has its moments

I see/bushed 12 a few weeks back in a few hours and 7 yesterday, what with the snow at the moment they seem to be coming out into the fields in the day more too. And yes your right it does have its moments!!!

I see more munty than rabbits.

Guest long-tail

I see/bushed 12 a few weeks back in a few hours and 7 yesterday, what with the snow at the moment they seem to be coming out into the fields in the day more too. And yes your right it does have its moments!!!

I see more munty than rabbits.

you got an industrial freezer :D

im not sure if they are about up this way (Wrexham, ruabon) but they seem to have doubled the height of the fence's in the last 18mnths to around 6ft - 7ft, like if they are deer proofing. :hmm::hmm:

not seen anything yet, but maybe a small amount. :hmm:

---------------

there is a few in chirk, but not seen them myself