• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

try one of these mate

Has nobodys season ended yet ffs

why do you think rabbits and foxes dig their burrows in banks and high ground they must have more common sense than you. All your really doing is looking for an excuse to kill pregnant and suckling mo

Posted Images

bullshit whats going to kill them is you lamping their mothers and leaving them to starve

does it not occur to you that some people dont just hunt for sport, but do it because rabbits/foxes are an actual pest and need geting rid of? do you think farmers are going to stand about and let foxes take the lambs this time of year just because of your stupid "season"? And let the rabbit population regenerate so they can keep wrecking the same hedges year after year? stupid c**t

• Like 2

What so bunnies are breeding now. They breed nearly all year round, thats why the saying shag like rabbits. And it not may ,april to go yet lads.Dont know about you lads but i got told you start hunting again in september till end of april when theres an r in the month how true is this?

bullshit whats going to kill them is you lamping their mothers and leaving them to starve

does it not occur to you that some people dont just hunt for sport, but do it because rabbits/foxes are an actual pest and need geting rid of? do you think farmers are going to stand about and let foxes take the lambs this time of year just because of your stupid "season"? And let the rabbit population regenerate so they can keep wrecking the same hedges year after year? stupid c**t

Well said pal farmers are finding it hard as it is to just grow crops with the weather never mind quarry helping to that. If l owned a farm this is when i'd want some lads on the land dealing with quarry.

I understand your point about pest control,but most don,t do it for that reason and the majority of the summer hunters use the pest control excuse to justify their hunting lifestyle,don,t like the cold,mud and dark.Pest controllers have little need to justify their actions,summer hunters look for any excuse to cover themselves.

• Like 2

huwidge.some parts of the country are full of rabitts.but where i live in bedfordshire we have had very bad myxy so the lamp has to be put away no sense in killing off whaht is left .when i was a young lad we lamped all year round and caused a very big decline in the hare population .if i had my time again i would be less inclined to kill pregant or nurseing rabitts hares.all i did was cut my own thoat by doing so.i must admit you are right about the foxes up here its alive with them .i personally like walking the woods and fields in the snow without a lamp .colliexgreyhound come next season hopefully if myxy is not to bad your restraint will reap you rewards.if rabitts are thin on the ground hunting them now will just cause them to die out in places .which is why i am thinking about trying to restock areas that used to be alive with rabitts. i blame myself for a lot of barren ground i thought that people ferreting them shooting them dogging them would do no real lasting damage but it did.but it is never to late to change

• Like 1

Do we even get a black n white season anymore eh most these peeps on here must luv excuse to stay in, snow crap but still get out n walk em with out lamp mate still exercise

You don,t need a lamp,don,t even need to hunt and chase to exercise a dog,letting things breed and re-stock will make the ground viable for season after season,what you kill now could be quadrupled later in the year.Some need little excuse to kill breeders and young,if genuine pest control is not the reason to be at em,leave em for later and reap the rewards.

I understand your point about pest control,but most don,t do it for that reason and the majority of the summer hunters use the pest control excuse to justify their hunting lifestyle,don,t like the cold,mud and dark.Pest controllers have little need to justify their actions,summer hunters look for any excuse to cover themselves.

Well said a bit of respect for our quarry wouldnt go a miss on this place.

What so bunnies are breeding now. They breed nearly all year round, thats why the saying shag like rabbits. And it not may ,april to go yet lads.Dont know about you lads but i got told you start hunting again in september till end of april when theres an r in the month how true is this?

That was when we had 'proper' seasons, now it's warm enough for all sorts of wildlife to breed practically all year round.

Fair enough if they are causing a problem but i doubt most are doing it for pest control. there was no mention of doing it for pest control until i made a post which is why in my opinion most who posted on this thread just do it cause they like killing stuff
  • Like 1