Rat In Warren

Went out today with my Jill both 7 mth old I went to a warren that is disused as it had bricks down all holes which we use for training as I want to them to get used to smells and environment bear in mind my Jill took a beating on here first trip out by a big buck anyway removed brick and sent here down hole she shot down with tail all frayed out 1hr later still no ferret put locater on she was still down so I started to dig put my hand down found here attached to a rat and also heard screaming she had killed the full family she then shot back down and dragged a buck up never nown a rat in a warren and a rabbit

ALOT OF THE EXPERIENCED FERRETERS WILL BE FULL AWARE TO WHAT CAN BE IN CLOSE PROXCIMITY TO THE RABBIT IN A WARREN OR HOLE. BOLTED FOXES OVER THE YEARS AND IN 1980 WE HAD A VERY GOOD WHITE JILL KILLED BY A LARGE DOG FOX WHICH WAS ACCOUNTED FOR WITH A SMALL RUSSELL BITCH OF MINE 6 FOOT DOWN.THE FOX WAS IN A MAIN TUBE THAT RAN ALONG A LARGE EMBANKMENT AND THE RABBITS WERE LIVING IN THE SMALL OFF-SIDE TUNNELS..... BOLTED TOO MANY RATS TO MENTION AND LIKE ONE OF THE READERS CORRECTLY IMPLIED, RATS CAN BE COMMON IN LOCALITIES WITH WATER ABOUT OR RIVERS OR STREAMS BEING AVAILABLE. TO BE HONEST I CANNOT RECALL ENCOUNTERS WITH HEDGEHOGS OR LITTLE OWLS, BUT FERAL CATS CAN BE FOUND BELOW GROUND IN THE SAME PLACE WITH RABBITS.FERRETED A MASSIVE WARREN ON A KEEPERED ESTATE AND I DID ACTUALLY DIG DOWN TO A COCK PHEASANT, KILLED BY THE FERRET. ALSO DUG TO FERRET ON THE SAME DAY AND ACCOUNTED FOR ANOTHER COCK BIRD ALSO.ALIVE THIS TIME WITH FERRET LATCHED ON! BOLTED STOATS ALSO BUT CAN'T REMEMBER ANY WEASLES TO BE UTTERLY HONEST.

GOOD LUCK! DOCTOR DOLITTLE.

• Like 1