1/4 Wheaten 3/4 Grey

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice animals lads. Is there anyone else with pictures of bitch's. I had a litter to a greyhound bitch out of my 3/4 reverse bred dog and these pups all work singlehanded dogs and bitch's. but they al

3/4 grey 1/4 wheaten bitch 23 tts t

i wouldn't say you add wheaten blood for brain mate fire, toughness, nose, feet, coat are the good bits. hard headed, stubborn & grumpy are the bad. also tendency to overheat and lack wind of o

From your own experience, child21, danny300 and lurcherandlongdog. Do you think the 1/4 cross looses a lot of fire and brain being that the wheaten blood has been water'd down for more speed. Compared to the 1/2 cross. Or do you rate them just as good. Thanks, s&h

i wouldn't say you add wheaten blood for brain mate ;)

fire, toughness, nose, feet, coat are the good bits.

hard headed, stubborn & grumpy are the bad. also tendency to overheat and lack wind of other crosses.

still love 'em though

• Like 4

Obviously there are other crosses with good brain. But we are talking about the wheaten x. Comparing 1/2 to 1/4. As i am interested in the 1/4 bread but havnt heard a lot about them nor do i know anyone who ownes one. But i wouldnt Say the wheaten lacks brain at all. ATB

the dam of my 3/8 was a quarter wheaten and was told all litter worked single handed to decent standard on all fast quarry.

ones i have seen look a tad too racy & classt for my liking

didnt mean wheatens lack brain, just that you wouldn't add wheaten if all you needed was a bit more sense, not in collie league are they.

Nice animals lads. Is there anyone else with pictures of bitch's. I had a litter to a greyhound bitch out of my 3/4 reverse bred dog and these pups all work singlehanded dogs and bitch's. but they all threw very racey it would be nice to see what he produced to a bitch with some Wheaton in her.

• Like 5

I like that dog more & more every time I see him gvc he's a fine animal ;) atb cbx

same here mate, hes a nice dog

Thanks lads I appreciate the comments. I had a real good laugh with him the other night. He accounted for 8 rabbits and to see the effort he puts in is amazing. Obviously rabbits are not his strong point but he managed body slam one of a stone wall snap a bottom rail on a gate and to top the night he brought one back alive. He is very entertaining to say the least. Atb gvc
  • Like 2

I like that dog more & more every time I see him gvc he's a fine animal ;) atb cbx

Thanks lads I appreciate the comments. I had a real good laugh with him the other night. He accounted for 8 rabbits and to see the effort he puts in is amazing. Obviously rabbits are not his strong point but he managed body slam one of a stone wall snap a bottom rail on a gate and to top the night he brought one back alive. He is very entertaining to say the least. Atb gvc

Sounds like he puts a smile on your face gvc, and fills the pot, cant ask for more, atb, buster.

i can relate to that gvc. :laugh::laugh::laugh: . very nice dog you have :yes: