United V Madrid

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Football is not my game, but I do enjoy a good match between two of the worlds best clubs. . Madrid fans will be happy, United not so, but irrelevant of who you support, I feel the ref robbed the watc

The reason we all as neutrals watch top games like this is to see who plays the best football and what players influence the game for their teams victory...........when the referee is the major influe

Cannot believe it .Can honestly say I'm gobsmacked                                                                                                

Really looking forward to this! :good: If we loose, I hope we go down fighting and I can't see anything else from United the way we've been this season. People keep banging on about this not being a vintage United team, but this current United team has as much of a steely determination to win matches as any other I can remember, maybe more. What we maybe lack in style and players with ability, we more than make up for with sheer bloody will..

Fergie is looking forward to it too:

"People ask me why I don't retire after so many years in the game but how could anyone with an ounce of passion for football in their soul voluntarily walk away from the opportunity to be involved in this type of occasion?"

"This is what it is all about - a packed Old Trafford, the floodlights on, the pitch glistening and two of the greatest and romantic clubs in the game about to do battle.

"Manchester United and Real Madrid are indelibly written into football history, with so many great players gracing the stage here over the years, and from time to time enjoying the glory that comes with winning this most elusive of prizes.

"The tales of 'derring-do' as we strive to prove we are the best in Europe illuminate the seasons and I like to think that the pioneers like Sir Matt Busby and Santiago Bernabeu, the president of Real Madrid who gave his name to the stadium, will be up there smiling and as excited as the rest of us at the prospect of another dramatic night featuring the best that the game can provide."

Well lads, I'm going to give in and have a couple of pints with the lads and watch the game..... Not a pint since Christmas and these will be sweet if we win......

Come on UTD......

No start for Rooney?????? Not sure about that one..

Same thing happened with Beckham back in 03 when we beat Real on the night but lost overall on aggregate.. Beckham came on to score but was sold soon afterwards.. :hmm: Big call, especially after Rooney set one up and scored another at the weekend, but then again he'd missed a few games before that.. Who knows the real reasons why..

No start for Rooney?????? Not sure about that one..

Same thing happened with Beckham back in 03 when we beat Real on the night but lost overall on aggregate.. Beckham came on to score but was sold soon afterwards.. :hmm: Big call, especially after Rooney set one up and scored another at the weekend, but then again he'd missed a few games before that.. Who knows the real reasons why..

You cant question fergie mate, he will have his reasons, Well i hope so :laugh:

• Like 2

Watching the match now, I reckon it's because Nani and Welbeck are way faster than Rooney is and he wanted to use their pace. I reckon he'll come on when players start tiring.. :yes:

Should have scored that half, could rue those misses ( I hope not)... Welbecks playing well, and Giggs is showing all his class... Still goals in this one...

I phones in the pub...Ffs .. Lol