4X4 Lampers

A pair legs get out and walking yea lazy c**ts

Spent a few hours walking one night mate and ended up with this lot :laugh:

DSCF00761.jpg

left my house at 930pm that evening and never got back in til 530am

Like a said mate, not aboit being lazy, just versatile :thumbs: a can lamp me wee dog on the slip, off the slip walking around.... Similarly I can open the drivers side rear door at 10-20mph and he can be out & on the bunnys.

Can yours do that?

Never been a fan of running dogs from a car but runninng them on rabbits from a car is asking for a serious injury.

:laugh: some people make me laugh

c'mon,

you go out. your walking, just you & your dog & a lamp. What COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG ???

you lamp a rabbit, slip your dog.... it catches, or misses. & it comes back to you. you repeat this act, until your bored, your dogs tired, battery dies etc.....

a field, is normally defined as a area of grass/crop.

& in that field (since your walking, your dog wont get injured) there could be an endless list of things.................

hedges, holes, fences, trees, bushes, farm machinery, tree stumps, bales, gates etc...................

EVERY TIME YOU SLIP A DOG > WALKING OR OTHERWISE IT MUST BE IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND THAT COULD BE THE DOGS LAST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an old deerhound I had recieved a deadly kick one evening that broke his neck... guess what, i wasnt in a 4x4 & i didnt throw him out at 20MPH.....IT JUST HAPPENED. TOUGH LUCK!!!

anyway,. im not asking anybody if they 'agree' with 4x4s im not asking if anybody particularly likes 4x4s, as personally i couldnt give a feck...... BUT

what i am asking is, for those of you who do use a 4x4, what recovery gear do you take :thumbs:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mobile phone.....

Lucky. Yep alwys have me mobile. But getting any fekker round here out their bed at 3am while they pissed stoned or high on coke, is a nighare   Dytkos, of course, permission as always. But would r

I bet if the only way to do it was to get out and walk there wouldnt be half as many so called lurchermen.

I spent 7 years walking mate :thumbs: carrying sack fulls of rabbits, covering Miles upon Miles.

there just insnt a decent population of game round here anymore, i MUST DRIVE to entertain my dogs

with a 4x4, i can put the gear in front of my dogs.

so who is the 'so called' lurcherman? the one who walks for miles & puts a wee bit of quarry in front of the dog.... or the one who will drive around all night, putting PLENTY of quarry in front of the dog?

Depends on the place and quarry rabbit hunter,,, I loved driving the land when I had a 4x4. Covered lots of ground,, for different quarry, however,, the biggest bags of rabbits I have cought have been on foot,,,, and also the biggest bags I have herd about have been on foot.

Of course different locations and different quarry, then driving can be king ,,, but for big bags of rabbits,, then I believ walking to be king

I love driving the land but if its good land i would rather walk. I wouldnt be running rabbits out of the jeep either but thats just me as i once saw a dog run full speed into a truck. The dog kept fitting and had to be pts. A lad of this site was there when it happened. Atb

Toe rope and a winch and some good tyers moile phone I would think

Got Insa Special Tracks on :thumbs:

>would you no put more to ground lamping with a 4x4 than walking ?

nope

DCP_1299.jpg

get a land anchor be handy in case no trees close by to winch to

need a winch first :laugh:

Spent a few hours walking one night mate and ended up with this lot :laugh:

DSCF00761.jpg

left my house at 930pm that evening and never got back in til 530am

Like a said mate, not aboit being lazy, just versatile :thumbs: a can lamp me wee dog on the slip, off the slip walking around.... Similarly I can open the drivers side rear door at 10-20mph and he can be out & on the bunnys.

Can yours do that?

your a absolute ledgend :laugh: whats so great about a dog jumping out a car at 10 20 mph, you might think its clever till your dog snapes its legs after landing wrong. why not just stop the car and open the door seems the more sensible thing to do

normally, i do stop and let them out... but if needed they CAN jump out in motion

well get your socket set out and go on the forecourt at land rover

would you no put more to ground lamping with a 4x4 than walking ?

u b surprised mate rabbits dont see to be bothered by the trucks I like to walk but been few time in jeep and no more get put to ground then one man on foot dnt no why. Same [BANNED TEXT] on tractor at nite you cud run the buggers ova if wanted they just aint bovered still think it lazy tho