2 Dog Need Good Homes

hi all i,v been thinking this over for a week naw i lost all my land that i go lamping on and only have a bit of ratting permission left i have 2 5 year old collie salukie greyhounds that i have no work for i,v had the dog from 6 weeks old so it been hard for me to make this decision but i need to rehome them i am willing to give the to the righ person

if you wood be intrested in giving one or both of the dog a good home pm me but i will be making shore that the dogs go to the right peson

both dog work the lamp and work day with terrier live out side good with other dogs one a bit better the the other

• Like 1

the dog ant to bad at what they do ther not world beatters but will go out and fill the pot the land i had it just over worked there no game on it and i dont drive i walk 3-4 mils to get there as it is naw i have not worked the dog for 3 months was going to keep them as pets but they just going mad sat in kennle allday and one walk a night and i just feel sorry for them i have a bit of ratting for the terrier but it no good for the running dog to much sh#t about and the just get smashed up when i got the out lamping they wood be geting 10-15 rabbit anight naw you wood be looky to see 2 rabbits in one night on the land

Edited by bigoy19706
  • Like 1

Don't get why you can't go out and find another farm or try and find some like minded lads who drive and let you go with them..... :huh: I wouldn't give up mine just because I've lost my permission! I'd go get new permission - not only for the dogs but for me as well.

• Like 3

dont get rid of dogs youve had from pups FFS. Get out and find work for them. Gettin rid is the easy option. Not driving is no excuse. When we were younger we used to get dropped off, or get train/bus and hunt or lamp all the way home. Happy days.

Yours in sport Pernod

• Like 7

in the seventies i used to walk 7 miles to woburn and carry two chinese waterdeer back .i used to walk up to wing mentmore slapton billington took me about 4 hours of very fast walking.i use to carry all of the hares and rabitts back.fitness and willpower counts.if you have fields locally which are empty do whaht i am going to do import some rabitts hares etc reseed the ground.empty land can be restocked some lads on here have good ground with plenty of stuff on i would contact them and see if they would sell you some live rabitts to reseed the ground with .like you i gave up hunting 14 years ago because of my autistic son and lack of game near by .now at 58 i realise thaht time is going by in another 20 yrs if i am lucky i will be finished.so i am going to go for it i am refuseing to capitulate .i will be back

• Like 6

to easy for people to get a dog then its i lost my permo or theres nothing to run so get rid boils my piss 40 odd years and never got rid of a dog if it was no good it was pts i least i knew were it was and not getting past from piller to post and i would travel on the train or bus to run the dogs before i got a car do the dogs a favour mate and give then to lurcher link or a rehoming center if you not got the balls to do right by them as giving them to any tom dick or harry is not going to give them a proper life rant over.

• Like 1

As you say the dogs have been good to you in the past, and if you have no land to hunt, why not keep them as pets, and don't say they need to be worked, all a dog needs is, good housing, grub, and exercise, and their happy

and you will get exercise as well.

• Like 2

iam sure there must be plenty of public footpaths your way that you can have a mooch along letting the dogs run and scent ,if iam not out on permission i like to venture on the foot paths to see where they take me or what they can get me and a couple of times its been new permission think before you shrink your pack mate :victory:

For what it's worth the season is just about over now..just ease of working them and just carry on walking them and letting them run around the garden..you say you have lost your permission but it's sound more like you have wiped it out of game to me...come the start of next season the land should hopefully be restocked with young..and you won't have to go buy more dog's in if you persevere with the one's you have..and maybe use the summer monthes to source some more land when the bunnie's are more noticable to farmer's..

• Like 1

IF he's decided to get shot then better to a working home than somewhere that might end up putting them down or him dumping them so good for him for looking to do right. I expect they may be better off in the right hands.

Put them on lurcher link as well fella.