Travelling Long Distances With Large Number's Of Mole Trap's

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need one of these:  

Something like these trollies would do if you made a box up for them aswell   http://www.fishingrepublic.org/index.php?cPath=21_207

No mate just they have pumped up tyres like a wheelbarrow .........

Posted Images

Balls to a buggy or golf trolley. You will spend more time humping it over walls and fences and even if it had off road tyres they will end up caked in mud and become harder to lug around.

What sort of traps and in what quantity?

I would opt for MT's suggeston. But being too tight to buy anything I use either old wheat sacks which you can fit a good hundred barrel traps in. Or as Darren I have some old 5 gallon drums with the tops cut out and a strap bolted to them. You can neatly cram around 50 traps in there.

Flat webbing dog leads make good shoulder straps.

Sometimes simplicity is the easier option. Even the bike becomes a bind at times.

A good fishing trolley will do the job no problem ........

On some of the land I cover you wouldn't want to be dragging anything about....

Moxy you can get them with proper pump up wheels and they will go anywhere ..........

A good fishing trolley will do the job no problem ........

On some of the land I cover you wouldn't want to be dragging anything about....

Moxy you can get them with proper pump up wheels and they will go anywhere ..........

Lol. What, like a unimog!!

Atb

Wheelie bin might have to adjust the wheels a bit.

Don't be :censored: stupid!

I was going to buy one of these but they have cream leather seat and no electric window's.. :cray:

ku-large_zps4501b983.jpg

And they only come in yellow. I test drove one on behalf of Mole Catchers UK Monthly (I think Matt has the franchise ;) ) but by the time I'd climbed up and down the ladders I was too knackered to dig any holes. :laugh:

I'm with Moxy on this one. If I have to walk then I'll just take enough in a canvas fishing bag. If its too far to walk I use the farm's small Chinese tractor with a link bucket. Dragging or pushing anything isn't an option on a lot of land. If there was a viable option the pigeon decoying boys would have found it as thy carry far more kit than mole trappers do.

I'm with Moxy on this one. If I have to walk then I'll just take enough in a canvas fishing bag. If its too far to walk I use the farm's small Chinese tractor with a link bucket. Dragging or pushing anything isn't an option on a lot of land. If there was a viable option the pigeon decoying boys would have found it as thy carry far more kit than mole trappers do.

I totaly agree with you and Moxy and i'm not to confident on a solution to my question..but it's worth a try fishing for idea's with so many folk out there in the business.. :thumbs:

I dont believe theres any easy answer,to lessen the workload a bit,in this situation.I admire the guy for taking it on,cause alot of molemen wouldnt contemplate it,without the use of a quad.I know what its like,cause im still a 'foot soldier' myself.LOL.Sounds like theres going to be quite alot of moles,has the ground not been done for a while ?