7 Hours And £158 Later.......

I knew what leegreen meant Gaz I was just trying to be a wee bit sarcastic lol...I had a bull terrier that had exactly the same cut I never took it to the vets,took an age to heal and the scar tissue wasnt what I'd call tidy lol,she was never ever lame from it but had it been one of my running dogs I'd have had it stapled if possible or stitched at the vets as a last resort..I try and steer clear of them if possible,they just see you as a blank cheque lol...I thought daylight robbery ended back in the days of Dick Turpin but seemingly not?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its not really her specialty and she thinks this is what you're on about, maybe you should take a look at the Shenzhen Fan & Pump Inverter, has a fantastic clear graphical display, operates up to

Your gonna have alot worse than a cut stopper pad if its getting plenty of graft mate. And unless your made of money or got insurance you can't be going the vets every week.   My bitch is starting t

Think that depends what you run

Good luck with the dog.

By the way, I've got a problem with a side channel air pump with a 3 phase motor. Can you ask your Ma what make of inverter should I use?

:laugh: .

its not really her specialty and she thinks this is what you're on about, maybe you should take a look at the Shenzhen Fan & Pump Inverter, has a fantastic clear graphical display, operates up to -10c, has a wide viewing angle which is effective in light and dark conditions, a customisable display and multi language selection. sound ok for you? all she could think of as she's busy giving me a lift :thumbs:

• Like 7

Good luck with the dog.

By the way, I've got a problem with a side channel air pump with a 3 phase motor. Can you ask your Ma what make of inverter should I use?

its not really her specialty and she thinks this is what you're on about, maybe you should take a look at the Shenzhen Fan & Pump Inverter, has a fantastic clear graphical display, operates up to -10c, has a wide viewing angle which is effective in light and dark conditions, a customisable display and multi language selection. sound ok for you? all she could think of as she's busy giving me a lift :thumbs:

*snort*

Fantastic ! I want a Mum like yours !

Correct me if am wrong, I've done a lot of butchering and had a deep nasty cut to my hand once, I used superglue to seal it. Could you use this on a dogs pad??? I know they use it at hospital for cuts

you can but the stuff they use is surgical super glue :thumbs:

I used to carry superglue in my med pack when in the army, might have to look up this surgical glue. I used plain old stuff on a 4 inch long 1/2inch deep on my hand and its barely scared

if you know any nurses they might get you some from the hostpital saves buying it

IMG_0359_zps5903c5e0.jpg

this was it, and everytime she put her foot on the floor it strains on the cut therefore it wasnt getting a chance to heal and close properly so at the end of the day i'd rather have got it stitched up and sorted now then give it time for infection to set in or get worse, other people may have different opinions on their own dogs but when it comes to mine, no matter what happens money is far below the priority of my dogs well being and i'll do what i think is right in sorting that :yes: (didnt want that to come across sh*tty sorry if it did lol)

In this case you did the right thing.

Christ steady on leegreen lol..whatever and whoever he took advice from does it really matter? He put the welfare of HIS dog foremost..it's back on the mend so happy days...BUT you are right I would of kept the mum business to myself haha

I think what leegreen is getting at is that the lad came on here and asked for advice. Had some good replies. Then took his mums advice. Lol.

Doesn't matter to me - if I give advice it's up to people whether they want to follow it or not. Under the circumstances I think the lad was right to go to the vet - nasty cut.

There was a case reported in the press recently of a man prosecuted for dog fighting by the RSPCA. One of the exhibits was a surgical stapler, which was found to have dog DNA on it. This was used as evidence that the man had not given proper veterinary attention for his dogs...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_8120000/newsid_8125300/8125388.stm

Perhaps advising the use of skin staplers in England and Wales is not the best idea?

yeah well was mums decision really to get her to the vets but in all honesty it was quite a deep cut and i'd rather not take the risk even though i was cleaning it, so put her in the vets this morning at 9:50 and just got her back about 20mins ago, she had a couple of stitches and is a bit drowzy, should be off in 10days so slowly get her back into things once she's back to health :)

I know the feeling, my one got a deep cut on her side 2 weeks ago, the vet cost me €200, had to be done though if it got infected which I could tell by the deepness of the cut it would it'd be the end of her, need to get some pet insurance, you'd think you had a few pound saved for a night out and then something like that happens.

no matter what you run , if your dogs any good it will take knocks and get cut

DSCF6049_zpse93f5280.jpg

back leg cut into the muscle running a rabbit :thumbs:

Some dog's are more accident prone than other's and if one is regularly injured and in sick bay i would consider that a average kind of dog and not one i would like to own even though it killed regular..now if the dog was killing regular and picked very few injuries up while that would make me happy..

• Like 1

no matter what you run , if your dogs any good it will take knocks and get cut

DSCF6049_zpse93f5280.jpg

back leg cut into the muscle running a rabbit :thumbs:

Some dog's are more accident prone than other's and if one is regularly injured and in sick bay i would consider that a average kind of dog and not one i would like to own even though it killed regular..now if the dog was killing regular and picked very few injuries up while that would make me happy..

makes sense :thumbs:

Good luck with the dog.

Cheer's.

Maybe she should stick with the electronics and leave the dogs to more experienced chaps.

I'm just gutted that another has been wound in by the reel of the vet and your Mum aiding and abetting

That cut may heal quicker with a ickle stick, but do you really think you'll run it again this season?

Do think that when that heals it will be any stronger than if you would of let it heal by it's self? That's if you don't get problems with the stitch there.

And did you pay for it your self?

Good luck with the dog.

Cheer's.

Maybe she should stick with the electronics and leave the dogs to more experienced chaps.

I'm just gutted that another has been wound in by the reel of the vet and your Mum aiding and abetting

That cut may heal quicker with a ickle stick, but do you really think you'll run it again this season?

Do think that when that heals it will be any stronger than if you would of let it heal by it's self? That's if you don't get problems with the stitch there.

And did you pay for it your self?

At the end of the day it doesnt bother me if i dont run her again this season because i'd rather have a healthy dog in genereal than an injured one for the remainder of this season and seasons to come, even if i never worked her again it wouldnt bother me im just happy having MY DOG, she's only 11months i've given her 2 nights lamping she's done me proud just with that.

and i did pay for it myself thank you and i'm glad i got the vet to do it professionaly as i dont have experience with treating animal injuries and wouldnt want to try it myself because the outcome probably would of been worse for the dog.

i dont see why you berate and try to pick fault someone younger than you who enjoys there dog and goes to the vets to sort an injury out? surely you should just be focused on your on dog/s and stop giving people grief about the choices they make?

• Like 1