Lake Management

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this could turn into an informative and good thread

H&J boat is top of my list! Be able to leave it down there I should think, moor it where I can see from the house.

So might this be in France and have carp in it?

I use lime cement for repointing stone houses, but I think tipping it out of sacks of off a boat is a bit of a different game!? Siltex is in pellet form but a lot more money... so?

Thanks for the ink Peak Oil, read just about every topic on there, some good knowledge on there, I will join.

Will have loads of work to do to get it to spec so I can legally rent it out, so not sure. Theres ways round it, but would rather get it done right, might be the kids inheritance after all, so theyll benefit. Priorities will lie with the house though :( then kennels :)

Might start a bit of a blog so we can remind ourselves of the path we've gone down.

Coypu thinning out asap aswell...

I use lime cement for repointing stone houses, but I think tipping it out of sacks of off a boat is a bit of a different game!? Siltex is in pellet form but a lot more money... so?

Thanks for the ink Peak Oil, read just about every topic on there, some good knowledge on there, I will join.

Will have loads of work to do to get it to spec so I can legally rent it out, so not sure. Theres ways round it, but would rather get it done right, might be the kids inheritance after all, so theyll benefit. Priorities will lie with the house though :( then kennels :)

Might start a bit of a blog so we can remind ourselves of the path we've gone down.

Coypu thinning out asap aswell...

I've never used siltex, or heard of it to be honest. We just used sacks of hydrated lime. If it does the same job but in pellet form I would seriously consider it! Working with sacks of lime of a boat was a nightmare, the boats get covered, everything. It's a messy business. Wet skin + lime isn't nice.

If you ever net it, it might be worth contacting local colleges who run fisheries management courses to see if they want to help. Students get experience and you get cheap labour :D We had quite a few from Sparsholt and Hadlow help us out.

Good luck with it, hope everything works out, It looks a nice project. Keep us updated!

HJ

get some 'cats in it....

Was with a lad a few days ago who has got to be the best 'catman' around here, think he said he had a 130lb last year (river fish all caught on livebait...). Funny enough he has got a little pond for sale!

Right nice easy going old boy, want to get him down to this new place as soon as I can, as he is meant to be a good gardner, think we are on similar wavelengths.

H&J the fish farmers will probably net for zero or not very much if they take the silver fish in payment. Or just tip some kittens in ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well... after some discrepancies over what land is included or not. The bottom line £$. & other very interested parties. Have now got an appointment to sign the agreement to buy the place with the solicitors and the seller. Ive stayed away from the place despite passing within 2 minutes of it, so as not to get my hopes up too much. Ill get permission from the owner to take some material up there that are in my way, and also permission to fish and get stuck into the coypu!

Also need to get a couple of meetings organised with the powers that be, 1 concerning renovation of the lake, and the other regarding where to put a septic tank.

Aint told the missus about the phone call yet, she is winging her way back over from england as we speak. Better tell to get herself some waders :D

Been looking at tracked mini diggers, any of you lads got contacts on used machines, should be able to arrange transport to me. (forward thinking as ill be skint for the next 6 months).

Edited by GD Waz

make sure you get all the paper work checked over properly, a few places have been scuppered by french legal issues. good luck and let us know when your up and running.

Thanks.

It might never be a commercial thing, buying it for us mainly, although there is a nice little cottage crying out to be renovated all twee and be let out with the lake..

This was the 1st time I clapped eyes on it. (love at 1st sight :icon_redface: ). House etc in the distance.

2013-01-29120928.jpg

• Like 1