So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

it was a tad windy Tel it blew a 4x4 pvc lump of glass out of my rickity greenhouse and smashed on a bed about 15ft away, that was after i left that morning thank fook, it would of took some poor bleeders nut of :icon_eek::thumbs:

Good job you got out the way of that jj and them bits of corrugated flying around not much fun either

so true Tel, not sure if you can see the red thing on the floor but thats a small plough that a fella uses when he brings his small tractor on to churn his manure in :icon_eek:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Some bits from the garden this morning kids n my lads ferret helped ha 

Beans coming out my ears now       the runners are also picking up speed     a simple snack     and a simple dinner. My gran used to cook this as a kid it was a fav of mine. Fry som

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

few pickings today

11889261106_18d4b1152e_c.jpg

really looking forward to the purple sprouting next seems to be surviving ok

11888866044_f01ffea4f8_c.jpg

onions are doing ok apart from needing a weeding

11888741393_ac4a4b46ce_c.jpg

broadbeans are doing very well hopefully give me a good head start

11889313246_a39fb47927_c.jpg

garlic

11888793083_659ab7693e_c.jpg

rhubarb starting to move

11889363796_3f0d808073_c.jpg

lots of sprouts to eat

11889188886_0b7f751086_z.jpg

only thing really struggling is the barrow :(

11888501715_8e18c49972_c.jpg

• Like 5

That was all them Brussels lol

Nice haul there though

Looks like both my rhubarb crowns survived as they both sprouting.

Glad they survived :thumbs: Bit rusty at all this does rhubarb crop in spring then again in autumn ? Looking forward to try this jam saw the link some where

http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/rhubarb-and-ginger-jam/

are they Jap onions Tel?

yea Senshyu I think jj apparently the winter sown ones don't keep that well so didn't plant many will sow again when the time is right for next for eating next winter

i have some in and they are moving a bit but nothing special really, trial and error mate :thumbs:

have you got your seed tatties? they are in the garden centre up here,

are they Jap onions Tel?

yea Senshyu I think jj apparently the winter sown ones don't keep that well so didn't plant many will sow again when the time is right for next for eating next winter

i have some in and they are moving a bit but nothing special really, trial and error mate :thumbs:

have you got your seed tatties? they are in the garden centre up here,

I hadnt thought about spuds but time is zipping along I will have a nose in our garden centre next time I am passing

That was all them Brussels lol

Nice haul there though

Looks like both my rhubarb crowns survived as they both sprouting.

Glad they survived :thumbs: Bit rusty at all this does rhubarb crop in spring then again in autumn ? Looking forward to try this jam saw the link some where

http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/rhubarb-and-ginger-jam/

I dunno lol starts sprouting in spring and crop it when it's decent length normally.

Edit to add I normally get the missus to make a cake with it,nice eaten warm from the oven.

• 1 month later...

got a bit of a result last week, the council are digging up some flagged areas a mile or so from me so i nipped down to buy some/back pocket, kind of thing, " well its not worth it as they are cutting down on staff and any reason for the boot they will take it, "the foreman said " make a donation and i will give you the correct paper work so you are covered " " how much pal " i said " £5 " he said, :yes: , paid the fiver and loaded 100 in 3 trips :boogy: 2x2 and heavy as you like, i had 70 for me and 30 for an old kid, i could easily sell them but they are sorting the paths out on the plot, also got bags of gravel from the new pebble dashing :D

• Like 3

Grate thread only just seen it , I am new to gardening , it will be my second year n the Alotments , looking forward to spring to get planting , I keep 6 hens for eggs and did 4 turkey's for Xmas on there , I will up load some pics when I work out how

• Like 3

we have had a bit of wind up here and i blew a lump of glass from the greenhouse thank fook no one was walking past 6x4 pane, anyway we put some free gravel on the paths and next is a bit of flagging to do :thumbs:

http://s575.photobucket.com/user/jackoleeds/media/2014-02-13_154955_zpsb1d1090d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

• Like 1