Terrier Rescue

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the bitch lads the lads who helped us know who they are want a medal there worth there weight in gold top lads thanks everyone who help frog and moorland lads keep on doin wat ya doin

The problem as I see it is that he's not sure what his mates dogs have followed to ground,if its a rabbit most good earth dogs will not even enter the hole so there is no chance of getting a mark,its

If it was me i wouldn't be giving up so easily, I would be putting every ounce of energy in for at least ten days...

Digdeeper,who's coming out to you?? is it the fell and moorland lads ??

I had permission on over 200 miles of track up untill around 2000,railways are the worst nightmare and you sound totally out your depth,if its electric,which it sounds as if it is you have 2 choices,1= you just take a chance and get on with it or 2= you inform the authorities and plead ignorance and say you've just lost your dogs, but if you've already trespassed and dug holes all over the embankment then the laws are well and truly broken anyway,is it an earth or one of the main drains that run from side to side ??some drains then split under the track and go lengthways parallell with the track,there are also trenches that carry the signalling gear or cables by the track,if its a main drain the lintel stones are 10 ft long and 2 ft square and are impossible to move by hand,the last rescue I did was on an old railway line that had been converted to a footpath,we had to get the ranger service out and they paid for a jcb to dig up and move the capstone lintels for us,the safety of the dog is paramount in this situation and waiting around for someone else to sort it out won't happen,you need to get organised as its been a long time already in subzero temperatures,search both sides of the track and make sure that the point of entry is where you say it was,a lot of ordinary earths on the sides of railways tend to twist upwards and come back on thereselves to one side,did you have a collar?? have you had a mark ?? we need more info to help,WM

• Like 6

Update lads had a camera today bout as much use as a chocolate fireguard broke it after ten mins pushin it through the tubes weve been using drain rods and elimating areas that way werw into the bank a good 15 ft weve chased the tunnel back and its lookin like its under the lines weve got scaffold boards and wood from bank to bank different ways jus come for some tea and gettin bk there on night duty sittin near by jus hope we get the result we want mick f been talkin to us through out the day cheers for all your comments lads ff