Terrier Rescue

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the bitch lads the lads who helped us know who they are want a medal there worth there weight in gold top lads thanks everyone who help frog and moorland lads keep on doin wat ya doin

The problem as I see it is that he's not sure what his mates dogs have followed to ground,if its a rabbit most good earth dogs will not even enter the hole so there is no chance of getting a mark,its

If it was me i wouldn't be giving up so easily, I would be putting every ounce of energy in for at least ten days...

didnt they have collers on.hope yous find them atb

i honestly cant believe some folk.........if they had a collar on it would be half the battle...........

he could have had a mk1 on and gone out its depth

this lad obviousiy values his dogs ................................i should think anyone who works there mutts and respects there quarry will steer well clear of a mk1 collar...........especially if your digging regular.............

Its a friend mate he was only out for a walk hes never done any earth work with em know there in there as he seen and heard them the first day where they went in to where we are is about 40 ft were stayin close in vehicles so nothin leaves so there in somewhere atb

Its a friend mate he was only out for a walk hes never done any earth work with em know there in there as he seen and heard them the first day where they went in to where we are is about 40 ft were stayin close in vehicles so nothin leaves so there in somewhere atb

ok...what is the bank made of??? is the railway above the bank, like a ^ shape, or below the bank like a v shape?

in all honestly i would try a dog you could call out,......................alot will disagree with me,...............if they fallen down a shaft or something you could be adding to the problem ,................but at least you can pin point the problem .................i would say it was your last hope as you got nothing to go on.................

when i use to dig years ago we use to get a mark off a dog and put in a soft dog just so we could see the depth we were going to be working on..............then we would call it out and put another dog in knowing it would work its quarry better....................

i think it leaves you with little option.but to try a little dog to see if you could get a mark or better still disturb them to come out............

end of the day its your decision ,...................but its not looking good at all and if i had two valued dogs in there i would be considering it..........

Collar a baying smaller type terrier & let it find it , thats what i done after 2 days of loosing my terrier to ground after all types of pony rescue equipment gear getting involved !

Found him alive & kicking thirsty as fook !

Collar a baying smaller type terrier & let it find it , thats what i done after 2 days of loosing my terrier to ground after all types of pony rescue equipment gear getting involved !

Found him alive & kicking thirsty as fook !

any one seen the parrot......................lol

Ahh...ok. Well, often those types have a foundation of bolders, so prepare to hit some hard stuff, maybe get a turfor/breaker on standby. You need someone there with an experience of digging on bankings such as that if you can. And don't forget that often there are entrances on the other side of the railway,

It wont be a shaft......they will have just pushed themselves in, dug in and on....you need someone there who knows what they are doing, you don't want to be dropping holes willy nilly as you can easily loose or cover a tube. And...just one more thing.....don't think that the dogs can only be 'in' the bank....check out on the flat in case the tubes run under and away from the track. I've seen that happen before...

• Like 1

we have ruled out the posibility of it runnin back into corn field mate first thing we hoped for. theres three different train tracks the side were on is a disused one that they used to take coal to the power station . do you think it is possible they could be that far in we have checked both sides for a good 100 yards each way.

It wont be a shaft......they will have just pushed themselves in, dug in and on....you need someone there who knows what they are doing, you don't want to be dropping holes willy nilly as you can easily loose or cover a tube. And...just one more thing.....don't think that the dogs can only be 'in' the bank....check out on the flat in case the tubes run under and away from the track. I've seen that happen before...

theres no way you can be certain theres no shaft.............no one knows whats under the ground ,...............could be old shite pit ,.............anything........

its likely it isnt on top of a shaft........

why dont TWTC club help you.......?

the thing is you need to check further away ,..............could of got into land drain / storm drain what runs with the track..................i agree with john you need someone out there.........