Any Advice On Aggressive Dog

Have got a very aggressive male patterdale,fine with people,but if he sees a dog a mile away he just wants to kill,i know what pats are like because the little darling in the picture has nailed my lurcher twice and it's the devils own job getting her off, but she is more obedient and will come to heel, am just thinking that he has such a high prey drive it will be near impossible to snap him out of it...any ideas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

in all honestly its easy to post shoot it on here ......................aggresive dogs can be sorted (not all of them) theres reasons behind it and i find it hard that people saying shoot it would sim

In the years ive had terriers,ive had two fighters that drove me fecking mad . One a dog that was the worst kind of fighter ,no niose ,no warning ,just latch on given the chance .He was an outstanding

Being an aggressive thug of an animal has nothing to do with it having prey drive or being game

plenty of work if its old enough will settle the wee fella down.............

As above, but if its a scrapper and upsets the balance in a yard of dogs, and is , by the sounds a f****n liabillity, shoot it. If you carry on,it may end up costing you big vets bills, and even, legal proceedings if its someone elses dog it latches on to. Plenty of good blood available abouts to have to put up with that f*****g nonsense mate.

• Like 2

Have got a very aggressive male patterdale,fine with people,but if he sees a dog a mile away he just wants to kill,i know what pats are like because the little darling in the picture has nailed my lurcher twice and it's the devils own job getting her off, but she is more obedient and will come to heel, am just thinking that he has such a high prey drive it will be near impossible to snap him out of it...any ideas

i dont think high prey drive and aggression towards other dogs are the same teach it some manners yr the boss
  • Like 2

in all honestly its easy to post shoot it on here ......................aggresive dogs can be sorted (not all of them) theres reasons behind it and i find it hard that people saying shoot it would simply do that if it was there own ...............................i mean there are some good working dogs who need there own kennel due to other dogs.....................but there kept because of there working ability......................

each to there own but choosing the easy way by shooting it ..................................isnt the answer in my opionion i would try and sort it out.................

lots of people keep dogs like this and alot of them only see an earth and there travel box and there kennel...............i think the decision you need to make is ....................if it is an outstanding worker ....................can you keep the dog as it is..................

you may find that doing alot of work will change its attitude......................a mate of mine keeps two dogs that cant share a kennel and cant see each other out side of the kennel ,......................they simply want to kill each other...........

but he manages fine keeping them seperate and lets them out on there own ...........................in fact one of them is no good with alot of dogs.....................but because its work is pleasing to him he wont shoot it.......................

alot of these high drive terriers just need work ,work and work.....................

before you make your decision just make sure its kenneled on its own..............think about it before doing anything rash......................good luck........

• Like 5

Most....not all...... but most..... can be convinced to act right if you insist and are very....persuasive. But you have to make the point, and be very consistent.

All can be convinced to quit fighting..... but some need shooting to get the point across. JM2C

• Like 1