• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pic of mates in 80s still a skin now

skinheads in the 80s --i did it first time round

Posted Images

King Kurt stopped playing at a Isle of White scooter rally in the 80's one year i went and moaned about people throwing full cans of beer at them ,the last number they nearly fecking died under the deluge :laugh: .Had a vespa 150 super then redg'd as a 125,extended front fork (there is only one on a vespa :laugh: )and cut down leg shields,bright yellow and blue and looked the dogs at the time but with age come reality and it wasn't so good to be honest :whistling: ,but didn't break down like the lammie li 150 i swap it for.Now that was a pile of shite :laugh:

:laugh: yep thats what lammys are like, look beautiful but shite reliability, I know one thing going on a run without a tool box on a lammy was like going without any money. The amount of times I broke down was incredible until I nearly had a spill doing 70 ish when the head blew and the back wheel locked up, not good. Re built the engine with a 186 megello kit new electrics and it's never broke down since. Then I had kids and it's spends more time in the garage then the lawn mower :laugh:

Mod for me all the way by the way although I loved ska and the rockabilly scene also...

• Like 1

IMG_1203.jpgP1050825.jpgMy current two, I also have my vespa stashed away

Was a mod in the 80`s and got right into ska,

Favourite will always be Northern Souls though. Still do the rallies, they are a superb crack,

And yeh get tae Wreck till yeh drop Cramps,, smell of female !! lol,, now thats a track

• Like 2

IMG_1203.jpgP1050825.jpgMy current two, I also have my vespa stashed away

Was a mod in the 80`s and got right into ska,

Favourite will always be Northern Souls though. Still do the rallies, they are a superb crack,

And yeh get tae Wreck till yeh drop Cramps,, smell of female !! lol,, now thats a track

Nice TV :yes: there's a few pennies worth there mate.

That TV is a "ridgeback" one of the first 500 made then sent back to innocenti to have the frame strengthened,, very rare

All the stick ons are original 60`s pieces as well.. that scoot is my pride and joy, came across from Denmark and was restored.still have all the original sales and import paperwork for it as well.

The red and white is tuned shitless, 85mph, or 75 two up with all the camping gear. RB190 kit, and a LOT of other race parts, lovely

Still lisen to the same music punk skinhead and billy

All me kids sing along to the meteors there allways heard it playing

Me mate Toby puts billy nights on at the roadmender in Northampton

Allways a weekend affair allday sat then allday sun all the old bands and new ones

Real good weekend people come from all over

Mick..

Lovely scooters lads :victory: and in another league to my old lammie which had a skelly frame and cut down rear end,all hamerite grey with "bung it in a rizla" written down the rear panels in the same written a rizla is written on the packets :icon_redface: .Well untill they fell off and were driven over :laugh: ,any sign of damp in the air and it broke down and can remember a few of us stuck on the A303 one rainy night trying to sleep in sleeping bags all with our crash hats on to keep the rain off our heads :blink: ,also i had to allways carry a spanner big enough for the rear hub nut as every 50 odd miles the back wheel would come loose due to it's former owner being a wheely fanatic with it.Like i say a proper old pile of shite but by god i still wish i had it these days. :thumbs:

• Like 1