what type of lurcher

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, I take back my last post.... my dogs got a right hiding off this fella over the weekend!   If only they had had bull in them!  

So in the first post your saying you're a bit of a novice, then in your next your saying the APBT and bull/greyhound make the ultimate x.........being in your own words "a novice" how would you KNOW w

And not only that but gameness is basically a state of mind at that particular time. I will guarantee that even in the gamest of the game bulldogs they will show signs and or make funny moves if ever

curtis for someone who claims to be a novice your coming out with some statements good luck to you :thumbs:

when did i say i was a novice in apbt? i've said this before i'm a novice in lurchers but surely put the best with the best for the bullgreyhound that was my statement i never intended to get into a rant lol. Listen i'm sorry i didnt mean to bust anyone balls i just had abit of banter to share and it came to 8 pages back and forth replies. i did not intend to bust anyones chops. everyone has there views. Edited by Curtis101

so u think only fighting dogs hav gameness and if they never faught there not game id say if ur pamperd liitle show bred pusys even groweled at each other ud scream like a girl and piss urself u f*****g bookworm id like to meet u somewhere and show u gameness now go interfere wit ur apbt u asshole :laugh::bye:

true dog men search for gameness which is what i'd want in my bullgreyhound if i was running one would you agree

Why would you need "gameness" in a lurcher????? Theres NO quarry in this country that requires a lurcher to be game !!!

why would you need a lurcher to be game? are we talking bullgreyhounds or lurchers? if a bull greyhound is not game what use is it? i'm confused.

A bull x greyhound IS a lurcher and I'll ask you again WHY does a lurcher need to be game?

if its not game will not have the pray drive to hunt also squirrells do bite and you can hunt those within the law of hunting with dogs

Squirrels are illegal to hunt with dogs and prey drive and gameness are NOT the same. So what your saying is only bull x's are prey driven then?

Johnny, he's right!! you need a bull cross of at least 90lbs to (illegally) hunt squirrels....and they need to be 'game' enough to not thrown the towel in when the going gets tough :thumbs:

this place!!!!! :laugh: or :cray: ...you decide!

yes i no a bull greyhound is a lurcher! you said why does a lurcher need to be game well in my opinion a bull greyhound needs to be game, you cant be serious and say the bullgreyhound does not need to be game! when you said bull greyhound and lurcher in the same sence as you did clearly say it confused me into thinking you ment another type of lurcher not includeing the bull. for other various game i.e rabbits hare etc then no i wouldnt say they need to be to game as rabbits dont really bite back, but yes rageing squirrels do so bullgreys need to be game! DEERR

Spoken like a TRUE NOVICE, seen lots of lurchers handle lots of different quarry and a lot of them weren't bull x's, they seemed to handle the work fine so how did these lurchers manage. When deer were legal it took a special type of animal to go back in after being booted a few times and for toothed quarry you don't need a game dog to dispatch an 12-18lb fox.........you might claim to know about APBT but you know feck all about lurchers.

• Like 2