what type of lurcher

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, I take back my last post.... my dogs got a right hiding off this fella over the weekend!   If only they had had bull in them!  

So in the first post your saying you're a bit of a novice, then in your next your saying the APBT and bull/greyhound make the ultimate x.........being in your own words "a novice" how would you KNOW w

And not only that but gameness is basically a state of mind at that particular time. I will guarantee that even in the gamest of the game bulldogs they will show signs and or make funny moves if ever

only read the first page,, was out way a 19tts beddygrey last night an no f*****g about 1rst run, big bad bold stamina, who gives a feck when the,ve got the hart they aint surrendering to nothing..aint that dogs for you,,,,,

aye they surprise you for the size of them and the heart they have strong we dogs :thumbs:

there putting the apbt over the greyhound for every attribute wind/stamina/gameness/mouth/heart/determanation/athleticism you name it the pitbull terrier brings every attribute to the bullgreyhound if you have a real bullgreyhound there is no need for the bedlington terrier or any other dog to be in there for certain quary.

curtis i got to add this to your argument but not all pits are suitable for lurcher production,i would also like to ask you what is the difference between a apbt and a genuine working stafford ie what other breeds are used in there make up to make them different,

i can add this i know the difference in the majority of the two breeds when it comes to structure or build but that is the majority not all.

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes i see your point, they are several breeds claiming to be pit bulls. Staffordshire Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, American Pit Bull terriers, American Bulldogs, Staffordshire Terriers are usually very compact dogs. Short and stocky and not tall. am staffs usually bigger and heavy'r dogs stocky and have large heads. american pitbull terriers dont usually get above 70 lbs for an expection mayday one of the most prolific pitbull terriers in history was 75lbs chainweight and are tall, lanky, proportioned dogs. If you see or hear of one of those 110 lb., big headed, stocky giant pit bulls it is not a full blooded APBT. ammstaffs and staffs are bred for looks and not for work the pitbull terrier the true game pitbull terrier will always be for working purposes. dogfighters will always use the best which has been found is history since the 1900's the pitbull terrier so the answer to your question is a staff will never be in the same league as a pitbull terrier.

so you have a english bull x greyhound sorry i'm abit of a novice when it comes to the greyhounds or lurchers i always thort they bred pitbull terriers with greyhound to create the bullgreyhound

what makes you so sure? yes they are a banned breed but thats where the bullgreyhound has lost its trate in the field english bulls are not the bullterrier they once were they are bred now for show purposes and not for working same with the staff, dont get me wrong some staff still have the working trate but few and far between have what it takes. the pitbull terrier and bullgreryhound creates the unlitmate cross.

So in the first post your saying you're a bit of a novice, then in your next your saying the APBT and bull/greyhound make the ultimate x.........being in your own words "a novice" how would you KNOW what the ultimate x is ???

I was thinking that myself mate :hmm:

so you have a english bull x greyhound sorry i'm abit of a novice when it comes to the greyhounds or lurchers i always thort they bred pitbull terriers with greyhound to create the bullgreyhound

what makes you so sure? yes they are a banned breed but thats where the bullgreyhound has lost its trate in the field english bulls are not the bullterrier they once were they are bred now for show purposes and not for working same with the staff, dont get me wrong some staff still have the working trate but few and far between have what it takes. the pitbull terrier and bullgreryhound creates the unlitmate cross.

So in the first post your saying you're a bit of a novice, then in your next your saying the APBT and bull/greyhound make the ultimate x.........being in your own words "a novice" how would you KNOW what the ultimate x is ???

lol i am a novice but i no common knowledge. statistics say why use the staff or ebt or a beddlington terrier in with the bullgreyhound i'm just posting my opinion you can agree to disagree. just trying to make a decent thread and see your guys view's to.

there putting the apbt over the greyhound for every attribute wind/stamina/gameness/mouth/heart/determanation/athleticism you name it the pitbull terrier brings every attribute to the bullgreyhound if you have a real bullgreyhound there is no need for the bedlington terrier or any other dog to be in there for certain quary.

curtis i got to add this to your argument but not all pits are suitable for lurcher production,i would also like to ask you what is the difference between a apbt and a genuine working stafford ie what other breeds are used in there make up to make them different,

i can add this i know the difference in the majority of the two breeds when it comes to structure or build but that is the majority not all.

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes i see your point, they are several breeds claiming to be pit bulls. Staffordshire Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, American Pit Bull terriers, American Bulldogs, Staffordshire Terriers are usually very compact dogs. Short and stocky and not tall. am staffs usually bigger and heavy'r dogs stocky and have large heads. american pitbull terriers dont usually get above 70 lbs for an expection mayday one of the most prolific pitbull terriers in history was 75lbs chainweight and are tall, lanky, proportioned dogs. If you see or hear of one of those 110 lb., big headed, stocky giant pit bulls it is not a full blooded APBT. ammstaffs and staffs are bred for looks and not for work the pitbull terrier the true game pitbull terrier will always be for working purposes. dogfighters will always use the best which has been found is history since the 1900's the pitbull terrier so the answer to your question is a staff will never be in the same league as a pitbull terrier.

there are some strains of staffs in the black country England that are like the old staffs of 100 years ago game+ agile leggy not like the show stuff of today . And thats where you( apbt) started from :yes: we had staffs when i was a kid and these were about 19in 50lb back then , you get lot of game pits simlar size, there not all over big :yes:

lol i am a novice but i no common knowledge. statistics say why use the staff or ebt or a beddlington terrier in with the bullgreyhound i'm just posting my opinion you can agree to disagree. just trying to make a decent thread and see your guys view's to.

o u read a lot of books then :toast:
  • Like 1

i guess i do but i keep this breed myself, but i'm asking for you to reply with why you would use any other bullterrier or terrier with the greyhound.

why not have you been out and seen these other crosses run you do not have experiance but you talk well or quote well once you have been out and seen these other crosses that maybe answer your question :thumbs:
  • Like 1

i guess i do but i keep this breed myself, but i'm asking for you to reply with why you would use any other bullterrier or terrier with the greyhound.

why not have you been out and seen these other crosses run you do not have experiance but you talk well or quote well once you have been out and seen these other crosses that maybe answer your question :thumbs:

yes true i will have to go out with some peeps sometime