Thinking of Getting A Plummer Terrier

I am not going to argue on the deffinition of GAME in dog especially on aplummer thread

what I will say is true gameness is very hard to describe ....it has to be seen ... imo the phrase `very game` is used all to much in the dog world and I would be very certain that a wanky breed of terrier used to bush, rat and a very small percentage bay at reynard would not be game

same to you CS have a happy 2013

and stormboy for you to describe a plummer as game to the point of isanity well no plummer has been or never ever will be game not in the context I know the word GAME as

I very rarely comment on these threads as its generally pointless, trying to convert the narrow minded. However, I felt compelled to reply to this one. If true gameness is very hard to describe and has to be seen, how can you comment on whether a dog is game or not without seeing it with your own eyes Moo? Sadly, old Vandal is no longer around, but here is an old photograph of Stormyboy's Vandal (hope you don't mind Stormy).

Vandalgood.jpg

As for being a wanky breed of terrier, thats your own opinion, and a very narrow minded one at that. I have seen wanky terriers of all types, including blacks, borders, russells plummers etc. And I have seen some very good ones too, of all breeds, including plummers. I have also seen people who have been totally against plummers change their minds considerably when they have seen a very good one work..

Is the breeder of this dog named dereck? from cowbridge in wales? ...My grandfather had the son of vandal and possibly sky crystal (i'll have to dig the papers out) who we named scamp, we then bred scamp with a bitch my grandfather already owned which was a patterdale russell x border russell, then we bred 1 of those pups with my own jack russell and the pups we have now got from that litter are absoultly fantastic! If it is the vandal from which we 1st got scamp from id love to send you some pics as they have vandal blood in them and fair play..iv not seen a better dog yet and every one is trying to buy them off me ..Not even if they offered me £1000 each!! not for sale lol

• Like 1

Vandal came to me from Leicester jimbo. I gave him and a couple of bitches to Derek when I packed in due to work commitments preventing me from keeping them busy enough.Crystal was his daughter by Troll. The line is still alive and working well. :thumbs:

Put some pics of your stuff up pal, its nice to know the blood is doing good in other lines. :victory:

• Like 4
  • 4 years later...
23 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Anyone on here know if there are any Plummers in Australia?,can't source any myself.Would be good terriers for what I do.

I know a few years back someone took a pair out to either Aus or NZ,maybe ask Keeps pn here as i'm sure the fella was a member on her old plummer forum.

But as for size folk are starting to get on top of bringing the size down and they range from 11 to 15 inches like most types do,iv'e just lost  a young plummer bitch to a fight with my lurcher who was 11" and was first to get the collar on next time out , gutted ain't the fecking word ?.She was a remlap bred bitch and had Vandal plenty back in her ped,as for Derek he's in south wales not Middlesbourgh MG ...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fireman said:

I know a few years back someone took a pair out to either Aus or NZ,maybe ask Keeps pn here as i'm sure the fella was a member on her old plummer forum.

But as for size folk are starting to get on top of bringing the size down and they range from 11 to 15 inches like most types do,iv'e just lost  a young plummer bitch to a fight with my lurcher who was 11" and was first to get the collar on next time out , gutted ain't the fecking word ?.She was a remlap bred bitch and had Vandal plenty back in her ped,as for Derek he's in south wales not Middlesbourgh MG ...

Sorry about your bitch mate,I've lost a couple of good terriers through their heart ruling their brain.

• Like 1