Christmas gripes......

stopped celebrating it years ago

Great isn't it, watching everybody else rushing around shopping, seeing the shit people buy spending like a hundred or two on food shopping. All the while I'm sitting on my arse, not giving a f**k.

I don't think I'll ever bother celebrating it after not having done so for the past two years.

I don't get the negativity regarding Christmas, I fkn love it. Food and drink with loved ones and friends. What's not to love about that?

I can get together with my family and friends for food and drinks anytime, not just on the 25th and 26th of December.

Plus I'm an Atheist, so celebrating Christmas would be hypocritical on my part. I only celebrated it previously because my mother was a Christian, now she's dead, I don't have to celebrate it anymore.

And it's great.

Shame on you, get yourself down the chapel and repent before its too late FFS!! :laugh:

Thing is Christmas has long lost its connection with the Christian tradition it was originally meant to represent IMO.. You don't have to believe in god to celebrate it. Plenty do, including those from faiths other than Christianity. Each to their own of cousre.. :thumbs:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still like Xmas itself, being with family and meeting friends, but the 3 month run-up to it is tedious. If I get one more CD I don't want I'll scream. Still love seeing walshie juniors face light u

just got back in from the trafford centre, i hate shopping love crimbo though, seeing the kids faces when they dont get what they want it's just so expensive when the fat t**t with the beard comes

Liar,,,,,,, you forgot the decimal point.... £ 1.50...

stopped celebrating it years ago

Great isn't it, watching everybody else rushing around shopping, seeing the shit people buy spending like a hundred or two on food shopping. All the while I'm sitting on my arse, not giving a f**k.

I don't think I'll ever bother celebrating it after not having done so for the past two years.

I don't get the negativity regarding Christmas, I fkn love it. Food and drink with loved ones and friends. What's not to love about that?

I can get together with my family and friends for food and drinks anytime, not just on the 25th and 26th of December.

Plus I'm an Atheist, so celebrating Christmas would be hypocritical on my part. I only celebrated it previously because my mother was a Christian, now she's dead, I don't have to celebrate it anymore.

And it's great.

Shame on you, get yourself down the chapel and repent before its too late FFS!! :laugh:

Thing is Christmas has long lost its connection with the Christian tradition it was originally meant to represent IMO.. You don't have to believe in god to celebrate it. Plenty do, including those from faiths other than Christianity. Each to their own of cousre.. :thumbs:

Exactly, I'd have more respect for the holiday if it was celebrating the birth of Christ (even though I believe he was a glorified heretic), not like these days where it's just an excuse to get pissed up and buy even more useless crap.

You and Baw both make a fair point, but I don't believe in Christ, thus I see no logical reason why I should celebrate Christmas.

Edited by Milwr Jr.

It is a much older celebration than christianity, the shortest day of the year has always fallen around now, and been celebrated, the church just nicked

it for its own ends.

I love it as i have 3 younguns, and its a great time of year for them.

Do you celebrate new year milwr?

Not in any real sense. Like, I don't make a new years resolution or anything. If I happen to be out, I'll have a glass of champagne on the midnight mark, but It doesn't go beyond that really.

Oooohhhhhh....a glass of champagne!!..... :D

:laugh: more like half a bottle of snowball :D

Aye it's stinking mate but better with coke or red bull. I can polish off a bottle no probs ;)

I like it but the last time I was drinking it with red bull was at an AC/DC tribute concert and I ended up wanting to fight with 'Bon Scott!' :icon_redface: He was sitting in the cloakroom when I went to get my coat at the end of the night and I shouted across the counter, 'Oi Bon Scott, where's my f*****g coat?!' :laugh: He pissed himself laughing and I when I went back and growled at the wife that I wanted to batter 'Bon Scott', she told me to stop being so fecking daft because Bon Scot was dead and I'd have a hard fecking time trying to fight him! :laugh: Jagers are off the list from now on! :icon_redface:

'Jäger bombs'.............4 for £6 in the local Weatherspoons here, if you drink all 4 in a row that's the last thing you'll remember that night :laugh: trust me, i've been there :toast:

I never remember anything anyway so thats f*****g simple!!... :toast: