3 weeks of not smoking

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haven't beaten the wife/kids/dog yet and so far it's been fairly easy which is weird because the last time I was a stressed out nightmare.   I'm on the patches and this time decided not to throw out

10 months smoke free would love to have one but don't need one feel 100 times better with out them

just found this. i'm just coming up to the year. stick with it. i started with patches and an inhilator i'm off the patches but still have my little puffer just as a dummy teat . but remember and

well done mate i gave up 11 months ago now had to give it up for health reasons not had a drink for 3 years feel alot better for it never in the shop now the money you save is not realput on 2 stone of wieght but needed that anyway keep going mate :thumbs:

Yeh its for my health mainly. I'm asthmatic so it is a bit stupid to smoke anyway and I take pills for my stomach which is made worse by smoking and drinking.

Give it a few more weeks and I'll turn in to one of those annoying anti smokers...."You smoke I choke"

told me i had c o p d if i didnt stop id be f--ked in a couple years so soon as i heard that no touched one since never used patches the fright was enough good luck

use the tablets and it will stop you from smoking :thumbs:

Not keen on pills that mess with your brain.

My missus took them and it did work but she said she felt a bit wierd :D

i tried everything and after 30 years of smoking and winding up smoking 50 grams of tobacco a day enough was enough tried hypnotherapy , patches e ciggys

the only thing that worked for me was the tablets

• Like 1

I took those Champix tablets, worked for me.......cant even have a cuban these days and I had a humidor full of them....my old man robbed the lot, he was delighted!

Some folks seem to get moody or feel sick on them, I didnt have any bother at all......give them a bash?

Hey

Keep at it mate

I've been stopped now for a year tomorrow,first 2 months was hell if in honest.no tablets or patches which supprised me as I had been somoking from 15 years old to 34 and never tried to stop before,just decided to try and touch wood it's worked no cravings but now and then they smell a treat when I pass someone in the street,took me ages to go to pub as I knew I would crumble, but now I can go to town and not think about even after a skin full, loads a money saved and feel great , well done mate

Atb

I was talking to a mate in the pub about this just the other day. He asked me if I was still off the fags and I looked at him as if he'd just barked. It just seemed such an absurd question.

Of course I'm 'still off them'. I just don't bloody smoke any more. Haven't for ..... I dunno. Two? Three years? I don't wear nappies any more either. No one asks me about that aspect of my long ago past.

Anyway, he was moaning about the price. I told him how I was spending a tenner a day on 'baccy. These days I just buy myself things I want. And look very much like this .....

SmugBastard.jpg

Yes. I am an unbearably smug cnut :yes: You too can become one, Nik.

• Like 1

Hey

Keep at it mate

I've been stopped now for a year tomorrow,first 2 months was hell if I'm honest.no tablets or patches which supprised me as I had been somoking from 15 years old to 34 and never tried to stop before,just decided to try and touch wood it's worked no cravings there to be fair but now and then they smell a treat when I pass someone in the street,it was ages before i decided to go to pub as I knew I would crumble, but now I can go to town and not think about even after a skin full im not tempted, i saved loads a money and feel great,my only lets say trick was i had one ciggy in my trowser pocket every day until a month ago as i thought that if i had got none i would be thinking about it all the time,it got stuck I'm my gob a few times but I talked my self out of lighting it up,we'll it worked for me, well done mate after a few month ya will feel better for it,but don't replace the fags for food or the mid drift will suffer,lol sugar free gum that's the future kid and no weight put on, good luck

Atb

I took those Champix tablets, worked for me.......cant even have a cuban these days and I had a humidor full of them....my old man robbed the lot, he was delighted!

Some folks seem to get moody or feel sick on them, I didnt have any bother at all......give them a bash?

Yeh the wife felt sick on them...can't tell if she was any more moody than normal ;)

I was talking to a mate in the pub about this just the other day. He asked me if I was still off the fags and I looked at him as if he'd just barked. It just seemed such an absurd question.

Of course I'm 'still off them'. I just don't bloody smoke any more. Haven't for ..... I dunno. Two? Three years? I don't wear nappies any more either. No one asks me about that aspect of my long ago past.

Anyway, he was moaning about the price. I told him how I was spending a tenner a day on 'baccy. These days I just buy myself things I want. And look very much like this .....

SmugBastard.jpg

Yes. I am an unbearably smug cnut :yes: You too can become one, Nik.

Brilliant post

One day I see myself as smug as these two...

2801_Mark-Cagney_H_805922t.jpg

smug_1898757c.jpg