A few months ago i was asked if i was interested in signing up to a new photo agency in the new year. They will sell photos to magazines and private buyers throughout Europe. Last weekend i had an email from the lady in charge asking if i would be interested in providing a portrait shot of a sika stag for the front cover of a Hungarian hunting magazine. It wasnt a particuarly hard task as where i live is crawling with sika deer! However, whenever i dont have the camera i can easily stalk to within 20 yards of them, with the camera a different story! Anyway after a dawn start yesterday i managed to get plenty of shots, including this which i think is the photo i shall send them for the cover.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danrushtonphotography/8261179670/in/photostream/lightbox/

I have also been asked to provide the photos for the article in the magazine about the deer aswell. Not bad for my first real free lancing job!

Any comments and criticism is very welcome!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

CoyoteHunter, i currently use a Nikon D90 with a sigma 120 - 400 lens. Pretty basic equipment at the moment. Next year im going to get myself a higher quality lens and when i can afford to upgrade to a D3s body

• Like 1